Lecturer of Chemistry and Biochemistry
Kennesaw State University
Job ID: 236365
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University offers undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 41,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties and entrepreneurial spirit draw students from throughout the region and from 126 countries across the globe. Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status. For more information, visit kennesaw.edu.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at Kennesaw State University offers ACS accredited degree programs in chemistry and biochemistry in addition to concentrations in forensic chemistry and pharmaceutical chemistry.
Kennesaw State University invites applications for a nine-month, non-tenure-track Lecturer of Chemistry and Biochemistry faculty position in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry beginning August 1, 2022.
Teaching assignments will typically be 15 contact hours of lectures and laboratories in the introductory chemistry sequences per week. The successful applicant will be expected to demonstrate excellence in teaching and contribute to the quality and growth of the program.
- A minimum of an M.S. degree, or foreign equivalent, or its equivalent in training, ability, and/or experience in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or a closely related field with at least 18 graduate hours in chemistry or biochemistry.
- At least one year of teaching experience, experience with large enrollment courses, and familiarity with reform pedagogies.
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of faculty endeavor.
- Experience with flipped classroom instruction, POGIL, or other pedagogies
- Up to 5 years of experience as an instructor of record for introductory chemistry courses
- Evidence of teaching and working with a culturally and an ethnically diverse community
- Experience teaching on-line or hybrid courses
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts (Official Transcripts Due Upon Hire)
- A statement of teaching philosophy including evidence of effective instruction in their area of expertise, if possible
- A statement describing the candidate's experience with diverse groups of students and faculty and an expression of commitment to diversity and inclusion in all areas of faculty endeavor
- Names and contact information for three professional references
This position is open until filled.
For questions about this faculty opening, please contact email@example.com.
For more information or questions about a faculty job posting, please contact Academic Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical support, please call OneUSG Connect Support at 877-251-2644, or by email at email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007.
Participant ID: 61415
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=236365&PostingSeq=1