Posting Number: req7887
Department: Facilities Mgmt-Operation Svcs
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Position HighlightsThe Facilities Management Grounds Services department is looking for a Chemical Applicator to join our team. Grounds Services is an award winning team that cares for the beautiful University of Arizona campus. We are interested in applicants who are passionate about the grounds keeping trade and want to join us in keeping U of A beautiful. From planting and maintaining flowers to trimming trees, our staff ensures the clean and orderly appearance of the grounds, structures, and facilities at the University.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Employee COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
All University employees, including student workers and graduate assistants/associates, must verify that they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless they have been granted a religious or disability/medical accommodation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Sets up and operates hand and power spray equipment to apply various chemicals and other designated materials including insecticides, herbicides, hormones, fertilizers, seeds and soil amendments.
- Installs, adjusts and performs minor repairs on application equipment.
- Maintains work area, chemical storage area and equipment in a condition that promotes good safety practices and in compliance with OSHA, State of Arizona Office of Pest Management and UofA Risk Management.
- Assists in maintaining and updating Safety Data Sheets (SDS) for chemical usage.
- Assists in training grounds staff in pest and weed control safety and in fertilizer use applications.
- Maintains equipment and tools used in chemical application and sends out for service as required.
- Instructs helpers as required in applying sprays, and other materials.
- Performs IPM inspections scouting for pests.
- Schedules pest and weed controls.
- May assist in the upkeep of the grounds.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience required.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Facilities, Grounds and Infrastructure
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: 14.91 -19.00 DOE
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Facilities Mgmt & Services
Facil, Grounds, & Infra
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
520/621-0255 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.