Coordinator for Student Affairs - FT
Under the coordination of the Division of Student Affairs and supervised by the Senior Director of Student Affairs, the Coordinator of Student Affairs is responsible for special projects within the division that support students towards success. The responsibilities of this position will ebb and flow as strategic initiatives and priorities emerge and shift within the university and division. Mount Mary University serves an undergraduate population with over 60% of students identifying from historically marginalized backgrounds and this position will focus on priorities through the lens of equity and inclusion.
- Oversee COVID-19 processes, procedures and policies as they pertain to students. This includes health screens, quarantine, the vaccine registry, confidential record-keeping, collaboration with academic affairs and residence life, and leading the institutional COVID Task Force.
- Coordinate closely with Residence Life regarding Trinity Woods, a new residence hall for moms with children. This is part of an intergenerational joint venture opening in January 2022. This includes marketing, the selection process, contracts, student support, administrative oversight and programming to support this population.
- Collaborate on division-wide efforts and the institution-wide student success framework.
- Administratively support the Vice President for Student Affairs, Senior Director and Dean of Student Success with tasks as they arise.
- Perform other duties, responsibilities, or special projects as needs emerge.
- Serve on pertinent committees, teams and taskforces as needed.
Skills and Experience:
- Exceptional ability to multitask and prioritize projects
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Master's degree is preferred, preferably in higher education or related field. Bachelor's degree required.
- Understanding student success issues in higher education and needs of diverse student populations.
- Demonstrated ability in managing difficult and complex situations while multi-tasking.
- Exceptional organization, records management, leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills, computer competence, and knowledge of higher education.
- 1+ years of related experience is required.
- Varying workflow; sometimes stressful with high workload times of the year
- May need to complete work during evenings and weekends.
- In-person work (not telecommuting or remote).
- Complete work required within a limited space and time.
- May be required to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Must reach, bend, stoop, lift
- Must sit, walk or stand
- Some repetitive motion may be required
Mount Mary University encourages applications from all qualified candidates and is vitally committed to all aspects of diversity, equity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates and all will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ethnicity, pregnancy, disability, genetic information or any other groups protected by law. Mount Mary seeks to hire and retain personnel who will make a positive contribution to its mission, vision and values.
For more information about diversity, equity and inclusion at Mount Mary please visit https://www.mtmary.edu/about/diversity