Assistant/Associate Professor of Chemistry, Tenure Track
The Center for Natural and Behavioral Sciences at Chestnut Hill College (CHC) seeks applicants for a tenure-track Assistant/Associate Professor position in Inorganic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, or a related field. CHC, founded by the Sisters of Saint Joseph, is an independent, Catholic institution that fosters excellence by providing a holistic education within a strong liberal arts tradition. Chestnut Hill College offers majors in Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Forensic Chemistry in addition to supporting degree requirements in other natural science majors at the College.
Ph.D. in Chemistry with a focus in Inorganic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, or a related field. College-level teaching experience required.
- Teach Chemistry courses in the School of Undergraduate Studies (SUS) in the areas of specialty and additional General/Organic Chemistry courses/labs according to experience, specialty, and departmental need.
- Work collaboratively with faculty in Natural and Behavioral Sciences in the delivery of undergraduate programs, teaching, and research.
- Contribute to departmental duties such as curriculum development and overall lab management.
- Faculty are encouraged to develop research opportunities for students through coursework and internships.
- Perform usual duties associated with a full-time faculty appointment.
- Participate in service to the Center, the College, and to the profession.
- Support the mission of Chestnut Hill College.
Interested candidates should submit vitae, brief statement of teaching philosophy, and cover letter electronically to Jobs@chc.edu. The hiring process will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. No phone calls please.