Program Manager, High School Outreach and Academies
Ranked by BestColleges.com and Niche.com as the #1 community college in New Jersey, Raritan Valley Community College has been serving as an academic and cultural center for Somerset and Hunterdon County residents for 50 years. The College has been nationally recognized for its service to the community, environmental stewardship, and commitment to diversity. It is home to a Planetarium, Science Education Institute and 3M Observatory, a 1,000-seat Theatre, an Honors College for high achieving students and much more.
The College offers more than 90 associate degrees and certificates, as well as career training, small business assistance through the Small Business Development Center, professional development, and adult and youth personal enrichment courses. RVCC is located at 118 Lamington Road in Branchburg, NJ. For further information, visit www.raritanval.edu.
Raritan Valley Community College has an anticipated opening of Program Manager, High School Outreach and Academies for the K-12 Partnerships Department.
Reporting to the Director of K-12 Partnerships, the Program Manager develops, implements, and leads the Academy Programs, and coordinates a comprehensive program of high quality support for students enrolled in the Academy partnerships. The Program Manager also provides high quality service delivery, coordination, and support for high school outreach and Concurrent Enrollment Programs at select high schools in Hunterdon and Somerset counties.
- Develop, coordinate, and maintain the high school partnerships, academic advising and support for students enrolled in the Academy for Health and Medical Sciences (AHMS), Somerville Academy for Liberal Arts (SALA), and Thomas Edison Energy Charter School (TEECS) Academy. Facilitate the development and offering of future academies.
- Collaborate with administrators of Academy high schools to promote, implement, and provide leadership for the Academy partnership and coordinate student testing as appropriate.
- Maintain ongoing communication with high school guidance counselors, supervisors, and college faculty teaching in the Academy programs regarding student progress and intervene with the students as needed.
- Chair the Steering Committee for each Academy.
- Work with Division Deans and Chairs and high school administration to schedule Academy classes, monitor changes, and review curriculum alignment.
- Assist Academy students in developing an educational and career development plan that includes career options and transfer pathways beyond the Associate degree.
- Plan and implement special events for Academies such as Information Sessions, Sophomore Exploration Day, Junior Orientation, Transfer nights, and Graduation luncheons.
- Work with appropriate high school personnel, College faculty, and administrators to facilitate and promote the College's concurrent enrollment program to ensure efficient operation and service to students.
- Facilitate and promote the Concurrent Enrollment Program and coordinate the College's role in other high school partnerships in select high schools.
- Ensure that College guidelines and standards for all college to high school outreach programs are being adhered to for academic advising purposes, and that all documentation required for the program is submitted to the appropriate offices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred, in Education or related field.
- Three years or more student services experience in higher education required.
- Three year or more experience working with high school partnerships required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated success in advising and working with high school students.
- Experience with integrated database systems and proficiency in MS Office required.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong collaborative and problem-solving skills.
As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies.
RVCC's starting salary is commensurate with educational qualifications and experience. We also offer an attractive benefits package.
For consideration of the above position, please submit your cover letter and resume online:
We regret that we are unable to respond to each and every resume received. Only those candidates of interest will be contacted directly.
Raritan Valley Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Plan Employer. We will implement the policy to assure that the employment opportunities offered at the institution are available to all persons.