Director of Academic Partnerships
Classification Title: MnSCU Academic Professional 3
Working Title: Director of Academic Partnerships
Position Type: Staff
Division: Century College
Department: Student Affairs
Unit: Student Success
Location: White Bear Lake, MN
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Employment Condition: Unlimited
Work Shift: Days
Work Schedule/Hours/Days: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Salary Minimum: $52,722
Salary Maximum: $77,298
Salary Type: Annual
Bargaining Unit/Plan: 214, MAPE
Job DescriptionPosition Purpose:
The Director of Academic Partnerships is involved in key aspects of building strategic academic partnerships with K-12, Adult Basic Education (ABE), community-based agencies, university and college partners, and other external partners for academic partnerships. This position is responsible for managing Century's concurrent enrollment program and other strategic initiatives that support career pathways and embedded early credit strategies. This position works collaboratively with Academic Affairs and Student Affairs to ensure successful partnerships. This position drives strategy in forming academic focus partnerships that strengthen the Century College educational pipeline and result in coordinated education that supports student transitions between Century College and external partner programs. The position engages and leverages a network of Century College stakeholders including school districts, adult basic education partners, and other stakeholders as needed to effectively build strategically aligned academic partnerships.
- Design, implement, and evaluate academic partnerships with career pathway and embedded early credit strategies.
- Coordinate program and operationalize program infrastructure to maintain National Association of Concurrent Enrollment Partnerships accreditation.
- Lead external academic partnership strategies and collaboration efforts with universities, two-year colleges, community-based organizations, and other external partners.
- Lead Century external academic partnership projects and grant initiatives designed to address Perkins benchmarks. (Perkins V Special Pops) Including but not limited to, Workforce Centers, ABE, Chamber of Commerce initiatives, Community Based Agencies and University partnerships.
- Lead evaluation efforts across partnerships to include those related to program level accreditation and designed to meet grant requirements.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in higher education or K12 education in post-secondary planning
- Experience in and commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Working knowledge of the relationship between secondary and post-secondary educational systems.
- Experience working with secondary and post-secondary institutions.
- Excellent communication skills (listening, verbal, written, presentation).
- Strong organizational ability required to establish and manage multiple priorities successfully.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex projects.
- Knowledge of project management principles.
- Experience with building and maintaining positive relationships including experience working with diverse populations.
- Master's degree
- Ability to work effectively with multiple constituencies, including secondary institutions, college partners, business and industry partners, community-based organizations, and internal personnel.
- Ability to prepare and disseminate organized and meaningful information in written format and in presentations.
- Ability to work well under pressure and respond to multiple demands.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning.
Other RequirementsTo facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in areas listed and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.
This position requires successful completion of employment references and a driver's license background check.
NOTICE: Century College regrets that we are unable to offer visa sponsorships or assistance with other immigrant statuses. An applicant must be eligible to work at Century College at the time of application.
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business, whether using a personal, rental, or state vehicle, shall be required to complete a Vehicle Use Agreement form and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check annually.
AboutWelcome! If you are considering employment at Century College, you have made the right choice.
From the diversity of our campus, to the wealth of real-world experience in our faculty and staff, Century College is a great place to make a difference.
Century College is a community and technical college located in White Bear Lake, Minnesota, on a beautiful 170-acre campus just minutes from the twin cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul.
As one of the largest two-year colleges in Minnesota, we serve over 21,000 credit and non-credit students every year. Century College offers a safe, friendly environment, and small class sizes, providing the supportive educational environment needed to help students achieve academic success.
Century College is committed to supporting diversity in all forms. Applicants representing diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
NOTICE OF ANNUAL SECURITY REPORT AVAILABILITY:
Century College is committed to assisting all members of our community in providing for their own safety and security. The Annual Security Report is available on the Century College Department of Public Safety website at https://www.century.edu/home/public-safety
If you would like to receive a paper copy of the Annual Security Report which contains this information, you can contact the Century College Department of Public Safety on East Campus room E1392 or by calling (651) 747-4000.
Link to Century College's Non-Discrimination Statement:
Benefits InfoGREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance-, short- and long-term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Our differences make us stronger and leveraging them helps us create a workforce where everyone can thrive. The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to embedding diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility at our workplace. We do this by developing strong leaders and advocates, increasing cultural competence, and understanding among all employees, and removing institutional barriers and attitudes that prevent employees from advancing as far as their talents will take them. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), marital status, familial status, receipt of public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, or age.
Posting Number: F074P
Number of Vacancies: 1
Close Date: 12/14/2021
Open Until Filled: No
Accept Applications: Yes
Posting Contact: Kim Claggett / firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity StatementMinnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.