Core Faculty for the Sustainable Social Impact MBA/DBA (SSI-MBA/DBA)
Saybrook University is seeking a Core Faculty for the Sustainable Social Impact MBA/DBA (SSI-MBA/DBA).
Under the direction of the Chair of the Department of Business Administration, the Program Development and Marketing Coordinator is responsible for leading and managing the program and marketing efforts for the SSI MBA and DBA. The faculty Coordinator will be expected to also teach in assigned courses in both the MBA and the DBA throughout the academic year.
About the Sustainable Social Impact MBA/DBA (SSI-MBA/DBA)
Students in our Sustainable Social Impact MBA/DBA study and apply leadership practices in a cohort-based, on-line setting.
Graduates of our program work within private and public sectors to contribute to the organizational strategies that drives return on investment in the following outcome categories: people, planet, profit, and purpose.
For more information about the programs, please visit the program websites:
About the position
The faculty Coordinator position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- 75% Program Development, Marketing, and Recruitment
- 25% Instruction
This is an approximate assignment breakdown and may shift according to the program needs.
Program Development, Marketing, and Recruitment: This faculty Coordinator is responsible for identifying sources of recruitment through direct outreach with students and alums, professional organizations, human resource representatives of employers, and other individuals and networks where prospective students can be informed of the career development benefits of the SSI MBA/DBA programs.
As such, this faculty Coordinator position will develop and present overviews of the program in its entirety over on-line meetings but also in-person when appropriate.
The faculty Coordinator will work collaboratively with the University Enrollment Services unit to develop and manage the prospect student funnel and the Marketing Services for developing marketing collaterals and content, and deploying social media campaigns. This position will also include the responsibility for supervising the part-time Federal Work Study position of the Marketing Specialist.
Key areas of responsibilities:
- Development, deploy, and evaluate program marketing plan based on identified strategies, priorities, goals, and budget
- Responsive and timely communication with Department Chair, students, internal team members, as well as external stakeholders
- Conduct program overview meetings at the Virtual Information Session
- Design and deploy strategies and tactics for relationship building with key point-of-contacts through sourcing pools
- Develop the marketing database for the MBA and the DBA program based on the outreach efforts.
- Promote the continuing education programming (Single Module Lunch & Learn sessions and Certificates) and the professional development micro credentials, i.e. E-badges.
Instruction & Student Support:
- Contribute to the New Student Orientation and Residential/Educational
Conferences Support on-boarding of new students
- Actively support the socialization of students into the program and profession
- Monitor student recruitment, retention and matriculation
Instruction, Course Development and Syllabus Review/Updating
- Present courses, workshops and/or course introductions
- Attend meetings (Faculty, Program, College, University) and Faculty trainings
which could include Canvas, IRB, student record system, etc.
- Deliver high quality innovative campus and/or on-line courses that foster critical thinking
- Ensure rigorous academic standards and quality aligned with program goals
- Coordinate course offerings and catalog documentation
- Design dynamic courses utilizing the latest developments and trends in classroom instruction and digital technology
- Actively participate in degree and departmental meetings
- Represent program on university-wide committees as warranted
- Participate in the accreditation and, when appropriate, budget process
- Contribute to strategic planning and programmatic growth
- Maintain effective professional and community involvement and/or affiliations as ambassador for the university
Specialization Coordinator position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teaching and mentoring.
- Supervising faculty.
- Developing courses, seminars, and catalog descriptions.
- Writing academic articles and presenting at conferences.
- The Specialization Lead reports to the Program Director and plays an essential academic leadership role during admissions, orientation/conference planning,
- Program evaluation process
- WASC accreditation review, and other governance responsibilities.
- Doctorate or field's terminal degree from regionally-accredited institution (DBA preferred)
- Demonstrated scholarship and/or accomplishments in the field
- Relevant supervision and teaching experience at the doctoral level, including supervision of dissertation research
- Commitment to multicultural and humanistic principles
- Experience with ethnically diverse and/or other special populations
- Some travel may be required
- Strong commitment to the goals and vision of Saybrook University
- Committed to excellence in teaching, practice, and research (experiences with on-line instruction is desirable)
- Able to offer on-line instruction regarding topics and skills within his/her areas of expertise.
- Creates a sense of unity and common purpose and manages change effectively
- Ability to build teams and effective working relationships
- Promotes interdisciplinary work within and beyond the Department
- Commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging
- Critical thinker and solution oriented actor
- Thinks strategically and works collaboratively
- Affectively honest and open, with a high level of personal integrity
- Communicates effectively
- Consults with colleagues at all levels
- Well organized and able to meet complex workload demands
- Strong commitment to equity, diversity, and multiculturalism in education and faculty employment.
Please submit your application through the university HR portal, do not submit application directly to the Department Chair.
Saybrook University offers a generous compensation and benefits package. Some of our key benefits include: paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, and multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA),
Saybrook University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Saybrook University:
Saybrook University was founded over 50 years ago by some of the greatest minds of the 20th century and continues to inspire a new generation of innovators. A non-profit regionally accredited university known for its commitment to humanistic studies and rigorous research, Saybrook University's academic model puts the student at the center of everything we do to provide a unique, transformational, learning experience. Saybrook offers advanced degrees in organizational systems, psychology, mind-body medicine, and counseling, all in flexible learning formats to help students continue to be active contributors to the fields they work in while they advance their education. Saybrook University is proud to be a community of creative, compassionate innovators dedicated to pursing new ways of thinking and doing for our professions, organizations, and communities.
For more information, visit www.saybrook.edu.Saybrook University offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events. Saybrook University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.