Executive Director of Alumni Relations and Advancement
Lake Erie College, a small, co-educational, four-year, independent liberal arts college located in Painesville, OH, 30 miles east of Cleveland, invites applications for the full-time position of Executive Director of Alumni Relations and Advancement. The executive director is responsible for the development and implementation of programs and activities that provide the College’s alumni with a forum for quality communication, program and event support. In addition, the executive director is responsible for creating and implementing a solicitation plan for unrestricted and restricted annual fund support.
- Works with the vice president for advancement (VPA) to develop meaningful alumni engagement strategies.
- Manages all unrestricted and restricted annual fund appeals and asks.
- Actively cultivates new relationships with alumni and friends.
- Serves as the liaison between the National Alumni Board and the College.
- Plans, directs and executes alumni programs/events, including homecoming, reunions and other special events for alumni with help of associate director.
- Works with both Admission and Career Service, developing alumni engagement programs.
- Develops and oversees all alumni advisory councils for the College.
- Identifies and directs appropriate alumni and friends contacts to VPA for further cultivation.
- Develops a working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge.
- Oversees the use of the Mathews House.
- Other duties as assigned by the VPA.
- High degree of professional confidentiality expected.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Five plus years of experience working directly with donors or alumni, preferably in a higher education setting.
- Demonstrated fundraising success and customer service orientation.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with alumni, donors, prospects, faculty, staff and current students.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, combined with the ability to organize, prioritize, solve problems and negotiate effectively.
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office. Razor’s Edge experience desirable.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and three professional references either (1) via email to email@example.com, (2) online at www.lec.edu/employment-at-lec/ or (3) to Executive Director of Alumni Relations and Advancement Search, Lake Erie College, 391 W. Washington St., LEC Box 358, Painesville, OH 44077. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Subject to a criminal background check prior to employment. Learn more at https://www.lec.edu/employment-at-lec/. EOE
As one of the oldest institutions of higher learning in Ohio’s Western Reserve, Lake Erie College is proud of its long heritage. From its start as a female seminary, in the Mount Holyoke style, to the coeducational institution it is today, the College has been a leader in higher education for over 160 years. Offering both undergraduate and graduate degrees, the College fosters an environment of engagement, empowerment and self-evaluation in a diverse world, for both students and employees. We offer a rich menu of employee benefits in retirement, health, education and more, affirming the value we place in our employees.
MISSION STATEMENT:Lake Erie College provides an excellent, inclusive, and highly personalized education grounded in the liberal arts tradition. Guided by hope and care, our students are empowered to lead lives of personal significance and professional success as global citizens.