Online - Computer Information Science Academic Support Specialist
The Academic Support Specialist provides academic instructional support services to students in our Online - Computer Information Science (CIS) program.
- Provides academic support to students in the form of coaching, tutoring, or mentoring.
- Works with students to develop their academic skills both in general and in the online classroom environment.
- Provides assistance with study skills such as reading, note-taking, organization and time management.
- Provides academic technology support to students.
- Will primarily tutor evenings and weekend to support our student demographic of working adults
- Bachelor’s degree in CIS from a regionally accredited institution
- Three to five years prior work experience and/or coursework in Cybersecurity, Cloud Computing, Software/Web Development preferred
- Experience supporting distance learning students in higher education or other setting
- Experience in a student-centric and hands-on learning environment
- Ability to prioritize multiple, competing tasks and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of both current practices and emerging trends in distance learning and related technologies
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills
- Orientation toward results
- Reliable high-speed internet required
- Responsible for supplying your own windows-based computer and webcam, PC must be current and pass the ECPI University minimum requirements test.
- Required to present to live lectures via Zoom each week
Do you want to make a difference? If so, then ECPI University may be the place for you. We are seeking professionals with the experience and knowledge to help transform the lives of our students.
ECPI University, with campuses in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida and Online, is a recognized leader in awarding STEM+H degrees through innovative delivery of education to meet the needs of military and new-traditional students. ECPI University offers Master’s, Bachelor’s, and Associate’s degrees, and certification training in Technology, Health Science, Business, Criminal Justice and Culinary Arts. For over 50 years, ECPI University has been helping students achieve their educational and career goals in a hands-on, student-centered environment, while working collaboratively with employers to ensure our graduates have the knowledge and skills they need to be successful. Growth at our university creates the need for dynamic, caring professionals who are dedicated to making a difference in people's lives.
What does ECPI University have to offer?
- A focus on students and academic excellence
- Small class sizes
- Professional work environment
- Talented and committed co-workers
- An adult-focused accelerated schedule
- An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your knowledge, skills and professional network
- Competitive compensation & benefits plan