Please note: Applications and/or resumes submitted only through HigherEdJobs.com are insufficient to meet the application requirements for consideration for this position. You will not be considered for this position unless you fulfill all application requirements. Application requirements can be found below and on the official job posting at the following website: https://www.sheltonstate.edu/about-us/employment/full-time-openings/
Position closing date: All application packets must be received in the Office of Human Resources of Shelton State Community College by 5:00 p.m. on December 13, 2021, or if mailed, must be postmarked by said date.
Position: Web Developer
Position Summary: The Web Developer will play a lead role in keeping the Shelton State website content current, and accurate, and explore ways to make the College’s Web presence as effective and accessible as possible. This individual will work with the different departments to create and maintain content web pages, web forms, myShelton portal, and other web resources for internal and external use.
Salary Range: $51,884 – $67,038, based upon the Alabama Community College System and Shelton State Community College Salary Schedule E1-1 to be determined by the applicant’s education and years of applicable experience. Applicant acknowledges that if selected for the position that applicant’s placement on the applicable salary schedule will be dependent upon the verified information provided by the applicant in the application packet.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, develop, test, implement, maintain, and document website content
- Provide support for different departments to create, edit, and maintain web pages, web forms, portal web content, and Intranet content for internal and external use
- Provide support for web pages content updates
- Collaboratively work with Media and Communications for social media support
- Work with Media and Communications for website SEO optimization, website branding and continuity for college’s web presence
- Work on User Experience/User Interface/Customer Experience (UX/UI,CX) to enhance the website functionality and design
- Work with website vendor to request services issues, updates, or changes to website as needed
- Continue to look for new solutions and technologies in the web environment
- Work with website tools to help manage the website Governance, Quality Assurance, Compliance, Accessibility, Branding, SEO, and the website Analytics for continued continuity for college’s web presence
- Work independently, when necessary, on difficult and complex tasks
- Complete assigned projects in a timely and systematic manner
- Assist with developing, maintaining, and communicating College’s e-News Letters
- Assist with communicating information within our Social Media platforms
- Require strong problem-solving capabilities, good communication skills and the ability to multitask
- Work effectively as a team member
- Provide time and effort documentation as required
- Demonstrate knowledge of computer operating systems
- Demonstrate ethical behavior, loyalty, honesty, and integrity, both on and off campus
- Participate in staff, team, and committee meetings as assigned
- Communicate to other divisions appropriate items of information
- Work effectively as a team member
- Comply with policies of the Alabama Community College System and the College
- Serve on College committees as required
- Participate on College teams and task forces, professional development, compliance, performance excellence and training activities as required
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree and two (2) years of IT experience; or Associate degree and four (4) years of IT experience; or High school diploma or GED and six (6) years of IT experience
- High proficiency in HTML, CSS
- Demonstrated skills in website design and development
- Creating and editing websites in WordPress
- Experience building and managing websites in a content management system
- Experience in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign design software
Shelton State Community College employment announcements and applications are available at sheltonstate.edu or by contacting the Office of Human Resources at 205.391.2272 or hr @ sheltonstate.edu. The submission of a complete packet by the deadline is the sole responsibility of the applicant. No previous application files will be transferred for consideration of this position. No copies will be given of the application information submitted. Applicants must meet eligibility requirements to work in the U.S. at the time of appointment and must travel at their own expense for all in-person interviews.
- A cover letter of application specifically detailing and relating the applicant’s education, and experience to the qualifications, duties, and responsibilities of the position.
- A hand signed Shelton State Community College employment application. Failure to hand sign the employment application will remove the applicant from consideration.
- A current resume.
- Copies of postsecondary transcript(s) identifying the applicant, institution, and verifying degree(s) earned that demonstrate that the applicant meets the minimum educational requirements for the position. If employed, official transcripts must be received in the Office of Human Resources prior to the employment start date.
Application materials may be mailed, emailed, or hand delivered to the following:
Office of Human Resources
Shelton State Community College
9500 Old Greensboro Road
Tuscaloosa, AL 35405
No faxed applications will be accepted. If you have questions, please call 205-391-2272.
Meeting Minimum Requirements: If the requirements for a position list work experience in a field or area the Applicant must provide written verification(s) of their applicable work experience in order to be hired for the position. Such written verification(s) of work experience must demonstrate that the applicant meets the minimum work experience requirement. Applicants who do not produce this information as indicated will be ineligible for hire and subject to having any offer of employment withdrawn.
Salary Calculation: For all positions on all Salary Schedules, the salary amount for the selected applicant is determined by step placement on the applicable schedule. Step placement is dependent upon the following: (a) all work experience in public education in Alabama and (b) all other work experience outside of public education in Alabama that, in the sole judgment of the College, directly relates to the requirements of the position. The applicant selected for the position must provide written verification(s) of this work experience within the time provided herein if such experience is to be considered in determining their initial step place on the Salary Schedule.
Format for Work Experience Verifications: Work experience verifications should be in the form of verification letters from employers and must include complete employment dates, job title(s), job duties, and an indication whether such employment was full-time or part-time, and if part-time, the average number of hours worked each week. The letters should be on official letterhead and contain an authorized personnel signature. The College’s official employment verification form is also acceptable and is available upon request. If an employment verification cannot be obtained due to a legitimate reason, for purposes of meeting minimum requirements an applicant may submit copies of other trustworthy documentation such as appointment letters, contracts, pay stubs, or W-2 forms documenting the term of employment. However, such documentation is generally insufficient for salary calculation purposes if job duties are not self-evident in the documentation.
Deadline for Producing Work Experience Verification: With limited exception, work experience verification documentation must be produced prior to any official offer of employment. Work experience verification from a current employer may, upon request, be delayed until an official offer of employment. Any offer of employment at a salary step greater than zero (0), or made without prior verification of any required work experience, is contingent upon production of this documentation by the applicant within ten (10) days of the offer.
It is the applicant’s sole responsibility to provide this verification of work experience. The College is not responsible for any cost associated with such verifications.