Assistant Professor of Social Work Field Education (MSW)
Limestone University invites applications for Assistant Professor of Social Work Field Education (MSW).
This is a full-time, tenure-track faculty and aid to the field education director for Limestone University’s Master of Social Work Program (MSW) position. This position supports the Director of Field Education as well as teaching field education courses and other courses as specified by the MSW program Director. The position requires a talent in managing and training future social work professionals at the master’s degree level. Teaching experience of at least two years is required. The job description requires strong online instruction qualities and excellent organizational, and planning skills, as well as the ability to think creatively.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Teaches online field education courses and other MSW level courses as required
- Assist the field education director in coordinating and overseeing program development and execution.
- Assists students and the field education director in drawing up learning agreements.
- Assists in the management of paperwork relevant to the program or department of field education
- Helps to plan activities and special events related to the program.
- Promotes and markets program and any special events.
- Assists in the supervision of field student activity and delegates tasks.
- Assists in the development of field work scheduling.
- Assists in the handles and resolves any disputes within or related to the program and department, in support of the field education director.
- Assists in setting program goals and devises new methods for improving and sustaining program and department activity.
- Presents developmental ideas to the director of field education.
- Reports to the field director with any issues, problems, updates, or questions.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates working knowledge of both PCs and Macs and should be able to navigate new software programs as needed.
- A knowledge and experience in the LMS system Canvas.
- Collaborates well with a team.
- Displays excellent communication and public speaking skills.
- Exhibits qualities of a creative thinker, necessary for planning the future development of the MSW program.
- Has ability to maintain calm demeanor and think fast in the face of a crisis or dispute.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree in social work (MSW)
- PhD preferred but not required
- Field education experience in social work
- Online teaching experience of at least 2 years
- This is an online position. It is required that the individual in this position attend (Virtual) MSW Development Team meetings weekly.
- Some in-person meeting will also be required (COVID-19 precautions will be always observed).
Interested candidates should complete the online application and upload a resume/vita, graduate transcripts, and three letters of recommendation. You may direct inquiries to Jackie Puckett, Director of MSW Program at email@example.com or by mail to Limestone University, 1115 College Drive, Gaffney, SC 29340. *Resumes may not be submitted in lieu of the application.
As part of the pre-employment process, the selected candidate must be willing to consent to and pass with satisfactory results, an investigative consumer report.
Limestone University is an equal opportunity employer. AA/EOE