Social Media and Marketing Coordinator
The Social Media and Marketing Coordinator position will be responsible for working collaboratively within the Virginia Family Nutrition Program (FNP) in developing and overseeing strategic social media and social marketing initiatives to promote food security, healthy eating, and physical activity among limited resource and low literacy populations. Overall responsibilities include: creating and managing program accounts on multiple channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, e-newsletter, website, and blog); and planning and executing social marketing campaigns and events. This position will be an integral component in executing a unified, health messaging campaign to support other programming and efforts of FNP and Virginia Cooperative Extension to promote food security, healthy eating, and physical activity across the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- A bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, or related field OR equivalent level of training and experience
- Experience in managing social media, social marketing campaigns, public relations, or advertising
- Demonstrated ability to write professionally for low-literacy and diverse audiences
- Familiarity with Hootsuite or another social media management system, basic photo and video editing for digital communications, and WordPress content management system
- Strong organizational skills with the capacity to independently manage multiple projects and activities with tight deadlines
- A master's degree in communications or marketing, or related field
- Experience in creating nutrition, physical activity, and/or public health social media content and/or promotional or marketing materials
- Experience in photo and video production for social media use
Commensurate with Qualifications and Experience
December 17, 2021
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check as well as documentation ofCOVID-19 vaccinationor receive approval from the university for a vaccination exemption due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
Telework possible, with travel to Blacksburg, conference locations, and other program sites as needed.
Must have a driver's license check.
Must have an acceptable and safe driving record.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Elena Serranoat firstname.lastname@example.org regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.