Project Manager - Workforce Administration, Shared Services Center (Hybrid/Remote)
Workforce Administration in the Shared Services Center at West Virginia University invites applications for the position of Project Manager. This position will report to the Director of Workforce Administration. This position will manage the day to day transactional processes that support various human resources related project functions, such as, but not limited to annual Notices of Appointment, as well as Onboarding system support.This position will also assist the Director with the design and implementation of projects that support the workforce administration functions.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Manages cross functional projects within Workforce Administration to relieve the Director of project management details. Projects may involve improving the efficiency of current processes, resolving process problems or assisting with the implementation of new responsibilities for the workforce administration team.
- Assists Operational Excellence with the resolution of Oracle/MAP and Taleo system problems, changes and enhancements, new forms, resolution of problem forms and process flows, etc.
- Serves as project manager for the annual Notice of Appointment process to ensure a timely, efficient and effective process. Conducts meetings, prepares agendas, and coordinates with Operational Excellence to ensure a smooth distribution to employees.
- Assist the Director with the design and implementation of any new projects, or changes to existing processes and programs within Workforce Administration. Works collaboratively with other Workforce Administration Managers, Shared Services Center and other teams to achieve project goals.
- Assists the Director with ensuring that the projects stay on track and are meeting delivery milestones.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Participates in the selection, performance management and training of assigned staff. Reviews and approves time and leave and performs other supervisory responsibilities.
This position allows for flexibility in work location including potential hybrid, remote or onsite preference. Travel to the WVU Campus may need to occur based on organizational needs throughout the year.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, human resources, or related field.
- At least 3 years experience working in a human resources department. Experience with an HRIS and recruitment and/or onboarding systems.
- Demonstrated ability to form collaborative relationships and lead projects from inception to implementation.
- Technical and analytical skills, to conceptualize, and implement programs that impact workforce administration.
- Demonstrated experience in leading projects.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise staff.
At West Virginia University, we leverage our talents and resources to create a better future for our state and the world. As West Virginia's land-grant university, WVU has three campuses that touch each corner of the state. The WVU System includes 518 buildings on 15,880 acres, Extension Service offices in all 55 counties, ten experimental farms and four forests.
From the groundbreaking R1 research of our flagship campus in Morgantown to the career-oriented programs of WVU Potomac State in Keyser to the technology-intensive programs at WVU Tech in Beckley - the contributions of WVU employees directly impact the 1.8 million people of West Virginia every day, no matter their role or position.
Service, curiosity, respect, accountability, and appreciation are the core values that unite Mountaineers, inspiring one another to work tirelessly and support others as they seek to reach new heights. After all, when you're a Mountaineer, impossible is just another mountain to climb.
To learn more about West Virginia University, visit go.wvu.edu. View current career opportunities at careers.wvu.edu.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Nov 21, 2021
Posting Classification: Non-Classified
Exemption Status: Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes