Posting Number: req7644
Department: Medical Imaging
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: 1670 E. Drachman St., Tucson, AZ 85721 USA
Position HighlightsPosition for front office coverage and general administrative duties reporting to the Assistant to the Department Head. Duties include maintaining inventory of office supplies and initiates purchases of materials; tracks orders and returns as necessary. Position will also serve as clinical faculty support for at least four clinical faculty, teleradiologists and locums. Position also requires assisting with recruitment efforts and overseeing events (venues, food, guests, dates etc).
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Employee COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
All University employees, including student workers and graduate assistants/associates, must verify that they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless they have been granted a religious or disability/medical accommodation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Providing general administrative duties including front desk coverage, triaging of phones and mail, ordering supplies for Department. Provides guidance and assistance to students, faculty and administrators as needed for copies, researching and editing and exchange of information. Serves as faculty support for at least four clinical faculty, teleradiologist and locums.
- Assist in recruitment efforts by ensuring candidates reach their meeting destinations, confirming meetings for candidates and order required lunch for lunch meetings. Assist with ensuring new clinical faculty have their white coats, badges, parking, Catcard, keys etc.
- Assist with coordinating and ordering food for other department meetings and securing venues for meetings and other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Organizational Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Maria Telles, PhD | email@example.com
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.