Clinical Research Coordinator
Posting Number: req7847
Department: College of Nursing
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: 1305 N. Martin Ave., Tucson, AZ USA
Position HighlightsThis position will support the 5-year Be Smoke-Free R01 tobacco cessation study funded by the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. The Be Smoke-Free study will test the efficacy of a telephone-delivered, Guided Imagery tobacco cessation intervention compared to an active behavioral control with 1,200 participants across three states (Arizona, New York, and West Virginia). The Clinical Research Coordinator will be responsible for managing all operations for this multi-site research study. They will work under the supervision of the Principal Investigator and the co-investigators to develop study procedures and protocols, manage study data, coordinate IRB activities, coordinate Independent Monitoring Committee activities, generate required reports, and manage participants. The Clinical Research Coordinator will supervise and assist the Clinical Research Assistant and three state tobacco quitlines to recruit study participants, collect quantitative and qualitative data, manage data, assist in preparation and analysis of quantitative and qualitative date, and manage participant payments. They will also supervise the study coaches in the delivery of the study protocols and monitor compliance. In the final year of the project, the Clinical Research Coordinator will also assist in development of manuscripts and presentations of study data and generation of final reports to the NIH and other required reporting activities.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Employee COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
All University employees, including student workers and graduate assistants/associates, must verify that they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless they have been granted a religious or disability/medical accommodation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Participates in the design, development, execution and initial interpretation of study protocols and procedures.
- Prepares, coordinates
and/or maintains all regulatory documentation including IRB submission and
approval of new or revised protocols, safety reports and progress reports.
- Participates in data management design and maintenance.
- Uses project management tools to provide team coordination, communication, training, and quality control.
- Develops standard operating procedures, compliance forms, and tracking documents.
- Provides education materials and training to study staff to assure patient safety and adherence to protocols.
- Ensures proper collection, processing, and handling of specimens.
- Develops administrative and financial recommendations for department management and PIs for research portfolio review.
- Oversees quarterly review of all Principal Investigator accounts, performing a strategic analysis of PI research
- Provide oversight and guidance to research staff for all aspects of conducting a clinical trial for complex and multi-center trials.
- Manages one Clinical
Research Coordinator and 6 quit coaches.
- Conducts recruitment activities in Arizona and coordinates recruitment activities in other study sites.
- Conducts assessments of trial subjects, including in-depth interviews.
- Serves as a participant resource for concerns and information.
- Participates in the dissemination of study findings through manuscripts, presentations, and reports.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of all job functions and broad industry best practices, techniques and standards.
- Exhibits ability to transfer knowledge and application of complex principles, theories and concepts to peers.
- Experience in participant recruitment procedures.
- Experience working with REDCap database system.
- Knowledge of University of Arizona policies, procedures, and transactions related to research management.
- Knowledge of
University of Arizona IRB system.
- Experience managing research activities and research assistants.
- Experience with behavioral lifestyle interventions.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
* Masters degree
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Research
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Judith Gordon | email@example.com
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.