Academic Records Coordinator, Academic Catalog and Policy
Posting Number: req7714
Department: Office of the Registrar
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Position HighlightsAs a member of the Office of the Registrar, the Academic Records Coordinator, Academic Catalog & Policy will be primarily responsible for the maintenance of academic structure data in the student information system, and for regularly publishing academic catalog data. This position ensures that the office's goals and objectives specified are accomplished in accordance with established polices, priorities, time and funding limitations or other specifications by overseeing, implementing, evaluating, and coordinating the tasks associated with academic structure at the University of Arizona.
The Academic Catalog & Policy unit is primarily responsible for the creation and maintenance of the Academic Catalog. The team supports and enables catalog and advisement report functions within the Office of the Registrar and works collaboratively with college and department partners and campus constituents to maintain and support the academic catalog, policies, and advisement report systems. The team is responsible for the implementation and publishing of academic policies.
The Office of the Registrar is responsible for the accuracy and integrity of the academic record. Serving all students, faculty, academic units, and student support functions; the Office is charged with the implementation of academic and student policies and their alignment to state and federal regulations and accreditation standards. The Office strives to be a leader and thought partner in creating efficient processes that are designed in a way that supports student success and service excellence.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Employee COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
All University employees, including student workers and graduate assistants/associates, must verify that they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless they have been granted a religious or disability/medical accommodation.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities
- Adds, modifies and inactivates academic plans (i.e. majors, minors, and certificates) in student information system based on approved proposals from academic departments.
- Coordinates with academic departments to ensure academic plan data complies with University polices.
- With approval from appropriate institutional administrative units, adds, modifies and inactivates academic structure data (academic subject, organization, program, campus, location, etc) in student information system.
- Publishes the academic catalog and maintains historic/archived catalog information.
- Generates and publishes the academic calendar.
- Maintains foundational academic structure tables in student information system including but not limited campus, location, subject, degree, and course modality.
- Performs periodic academic structure related systems testing.
- Serves as the point of contact for troubleshooting and problem-solving academic structure issues.
- Maintains policies in the academic catalog and
serves as point of contact for academic policy approval workflow.
- Assists with the development of new processes to improve or enhance academic catalog related procedures by providing input and testing new processes.
- Participates in campus wide projects involving academic catalog data.
- Reports as needed on academic catalog data to units within the institution and to external agencies and organizations, utilizing pre-existing reports and generating ad hoc reports.
- Assists with training of current staff members with academic structure policies and procedures as needed. Serves as a key resource for questions from all.
- Registrar staff members.
- Provides excellent and timely customer service support to students, staff, facultyand advisors as needed.
- Assists with course catalog maintenance as needed.
- Assists management staff with special projects
- Additional duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated enthusiastic and creative use of information technology systems to provide solutions to the academic community.
- Commitment to the student experience and to upholding the integrity of the academic record.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of constituencies including faculty, staff, administrators, and students.
- Knowledge of FERPA and ethical principles in working with student data.
- Multi-task oriented with the ability to be very organized, and the ability to work independently.
- Strong commitment to the support and development of staff.
to analyze business processes and interpret both functional and technical needs.
- Skilled in customer service and management.
- General knowledge of student information systems and student center.
- Skill in communicating technical information to technical and nontechnical users.
- Skill in working independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Bachelor's degree or
equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level
- Minimum of 3 years of
relevant work experience is required.
- Extensive experience with student information systems.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Campus Solutions.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Student Services
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $38,892
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Registration & Records
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.