Accountant, Clinical Trials
Posting Number: req7844
Department: Senior VP Health Sciences
Location: University of Arizona Health Sciences
Address: 1670 E Drachman St, Tucson, AZ 85721 USA
Position HighlightsThe University of Arizona Health Sciences (UAHS) Office of Research Administration is looking for a financial specialist for research administration to work closely with colleagues in a fast-paced environment. This position will offer ample opportunity to learn about the world of research administration in support of faculty who conduct research in the multiple colleges that comprise the University of Arizona Health Sciences (UAHS). The position will work closely with faculty, research nurses, study teams, and our medical partner, Banner Health, to provide timely and expert support in the administrative start-up and maintenance of clinical research projects.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Employee COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
All University employees, including student workers and graduate assistants/associates, must verify that they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless they have been granted a religious or disability/medical accommodation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide support to UAHS Research Administration assigned study portfolios.
- Review clinical research bills from providers and verify costs against vendor provided chargemaster.
- Work with clinical research staff to review and understand payment milestones to ensure we exhaust all sponsor invoicing opportunities.
- Proactively support the reconciliation, invoicing, payment follow-ups, and management of research activity and expenditures.
- Utilize OnCore Clinical Trial Management System (CTMS) for study account maintenance.
- Maintain accounting document files.
- Log UA payments to Banner and Sonora Quest Laboratories (SQL) into the designated SharePoint file.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial reports and projections for principal investigators to monitor account budgets, balances and account reconciliations, and meet with units/programs on a regular basis.
- Work with UA central offices to ensure checks and wire transfers and receivables are credited to the correct accounts.
- One year of relevant work experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through experience required.
* Experience in academic medical center setting working on clinical trials.
* Demonstrated knowledge of university and sponsor agency policies and procedures.
* Strong sense of customer service.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
* Ability to work effectively in a deadline-driven, team environment.
* Self-motivated; takes initiative and strong ability to multi-task multiple projects.
* Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing demands.
* Current UA employee with knowledge of UAccess systems and excellent proficiency in MS Excel.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Finance
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $38,892 - $52,613
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Christine Gaul | firstname.lastname@example.org | 520-626-1542
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.