Posting Number: req7637
Department: Medical Imaging
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: 1670 E. Drachman St. , Tucson, AZ 85721 USA
Position HighlightsThis position requires individual to oversee many aspects of the faculty and administrative arms of Medical Imaging requiring a high level of energy and resourcefulness of individual and will report to Dr. Maria Telles, Assistant to the Department Head. This position requires experience and knowledge of both Banner University Medical Center and UofA. Position will require excellent communication skills in dealing with various stakeholders, scheduling meetings and maintaining organized documentation and information for Chair in the recruitment of attendings, Chiefs and other Leaders.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Employee COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
All University employees, including student workers and graduate assistants/associates, must verify that they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless they have been granted a religious or disability/medical accommodation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate calendar/s and schedule meetings for Chair of Department and Department Administrator (and other leaders as needed) requiring confidential and delicate personnel and business matters. Includes preparing and gathering information such as memos, speeches, reports and presentations meetings. Schedules and publishes faculty meetings and serves as UAVitae Coordinator. Position will coordinate and analyze/maintain project, program and operational data and preparation of various reports.
- Recruitment - Coordinates Recruitment Committee notes and tracking of recruitment process (faculty, teleradiologists, locums and per diems) Scheduling of candidates and interviews for potential faculty candidates, specifically clinical faculty requiring contact with candidates, appropriate faculty and various leaders to develop visit itineraries. This also requires working with candidates and Banner travel professionals to be sure coordinate travel itineraries. Position requires some recruitment knowledge, retention and separation of employees; position requires preboarding, onboarding and postboading of clinical and academic faculty.
- General administrative including coordinating various luncheon meetings, special projects, travel arrangements and assist with presentation materials for meetings. Position will require training, monitoring and supervising of Administrative Associate.
- 1 year of relevant work experience required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through experience required.
*Experience working with Banner Team.
*Experience with UA Policies and Procedures.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Organizational Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Maria A. Telles, PhD | email@example.com
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.