Grants Project Officer (Multiple Positions) - Cancer Center
Posting Number: req7831
Department: Cancer Center Division
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: University of Arizona Cancer Center, 1515 N Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85724 USA
Position HighlightsThe University of Arizona Cancer Center (UACC) is seeking candidates for the Grants Project Officer position to oversee the development, preparation, and submission of grant applications and provide project management of extramural funding from private, federal, and state sources. Incumbent will also independently and collaboratively coordinate with CRTEC the center's training programs as well as provide administrative and logistical support to undergraduate and graduate students at the center. The successful candidate will have strong grant development and project management skills.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Employee COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
All University employees, including student workers and graduate assistants/associates, must verify that they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless they have been granted a religious or disability/medical accommodation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the Principal Investigator to ensure milestone for study projects are achieved. Creates project plans, timelines to manage the study projects.
- Serves as the coordinator for pre and post award reporting activities, collecting information from PI, lead researchers, business office, UAHS Research Administration, student trainees, and other external stakeholders.
- Ensure that all grant sections are compliant with funding agency requirements.
- Pre Award
- Identify new and potential grant opportunities and ensure that the funding opportunities are provided to relevant faculty, trainees and teams.
- Work in collaboration with faculty, UAHS Research Administration, and business office on pre award proposal submissions.
- Assist with proofreading grant applications.
- Create templates for non-federal grant applications.
- Proofread and update NIH / DOD biosketches
- Post Award
- Organize and manage progress report submissions in collaboration with faculty, UAHS Research Administration, and UACC business office.
- Assist with generating progress reports.
- Provide grants metrics to Associate Director, Administration and work with data analyst to keep data up to date.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to interact professionally and effectively with investigators, sponsors, and cross-functional teams.
* Proficient with MS office (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), MS Windows, audio/video equipment, and online collaboration tools (e.g., Google Docs, Dropbox, OneDrive).
* Works well under compressed deadlines.
* Willingness to adjust schedule to work weekend and evening hours when necessary.
* Experience in the development of new grant applications.
* Experience with NIH, DOD grant applications.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Research
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $48,786 - $65,997
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Research Program Admin
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 2
Contact Information for Candidates
Sadie Maloof | firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
Special Instructions to Applicant
Application: The online application should be completed in its entirety.
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.