Self Service and Training Specialist
Posting Number: req7868
Department: Support Services
Location: Main Campus
Address: Tucson, AZ USA
Get to know us:
University Information Technology Services (UITS) has over 300
employees and an annual operating budget of approximately $77.6 million. It is
the University's central IT unit and provides enterprise-level technologies and
services that are broadly consumed, core to central administrative business
operations, and tend to offer substantial economies of scale. Technology at the
University of Arizona is essential to the mission of research, teaching, and
learning and is the foundation to the academic and administrative operations of
the campus. With a new future on the horizon, UITS has taken this unique moment
to emerge with even more robust service capabilities than we offered before the
pandemic. UITS works in collaboration with department and college IT units to
enhance student experiences to connect, discover, and engage with the
University, curricula, and beyond. UITS supports research for innovative
solutions for global challenges and embraces the spirit of entrepreneurship and
the values of diversity and inclusion.
an environment that operates twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, the Self
Service and Training Specialist provides support, documentation, and training
to University constituents to address information technology issues with
hardware and software. Creates external self-service content for customers and
internal knowledge base content for technical teams. Includes providing
technical support for the 24/7 Support Center via phone, chat, and email 25% of
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the
We care about our people - Benefits, perks and
- Health, vision, dental Insurance plans, domestic partner health plans, life insurance and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, retirement plans.
- 22 paid vacation days per year, 12 paid sick days per year, 10 holidays, University winter closure leaves between Christmas Eve and New Year's Day, 6 weeks paid parental leave.
- Qualified Tuition Reduction for employees and qualified family members.
- Health and wellness services.
- Employee discounts.
- Continuous learning environment and professional development opportunities. Access to 17,000 LinkedIn Learning courses library.
- And many more!!! Please visit talent.arizona.edu for more details.
Employee COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
All University employees, including student workers and
graduate assistants/associates, must verify that they are fully vaccinated for
COVID-19, unless they have been granted a religious or disability/medical
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs all the responsibilities as would a Support Center Specialist (IT Support Helpdesk Analyst I) 25% of the time.
- Reviews and creates documentation for internal processes and procedures for the Knowledge Base.
- Reviews and creates self-service documentation to aid external customers.
- Provides training and mentoring to the 24/7 Support Center
- Participates in process improvement and other projects as assigned.
- Trains 24/7 Support Center new hires and provides supplemental training to seasoned Support Specialists.
- Trains and guides campus community members in the use of technology.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related field and three years of relevant experience is required.
- Or, any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Providing information technology related customer service and training to affiliates with varying levels of technical expertise.
- Knowledge of computers, networks, and remote troubleshooting techniques.
- Exceptional customer-service skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze computer hardware and software problems.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment.
- Adept at time management amongst multiple priorities.
- Excellent, effective communication, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to communicate effectively to various audiences, including UITS and the rest of campus.
- Ability to draw from prior experiences and implement innovative and creative solutions.
* Experience in a customer service environment with an emphasis in resolving computer and other technology problems.
* High volume call/chat/email customer service experience.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Information Technology
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $19.71
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume, Cover Letter, and One Additional Document
Special Instructions to Applicant
Please upload an additional document with a list of at least three professional references (one should be at least prior supervisor).
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.