Required Relevant Education & Experience:
Education:High School diploma or GED; Experience: 5-6 Years
About the Institution:
Indiana State University has been recognized by Forbes as one of America's Top Colleges and by the Princeton Review as among the best in the Midwest. Located in Terre Haute, Indiana, its pedestrian friendly and beautifully landscaped campus has earned a Tree Campus USA designation and has been recognized by Princeton Review as one of the most environmentally responsible college campuses.
Located in the heart of Terre Haute's downtown, Indiana State's campus is within walking distance to local shops and restaurants. Situated near the Indiana-Illinois border, the campus is about an hour's drive from Indianapolis and within a few hours of other major metropolitan areas including St. Louis, Chicago, Cincinnati and Louisville.
The Indiana State student body represents all 50 states and more than 65 countries and is among the most diverse in Indiana. The University is ranked number one among Indiana's public and private institutions on CollegeNet's annual social mobility index. There are more than 250 student-run organizations offering activities and entertainment throughout the year along with 15 NCAA Division I athletic teams, a first-rate student recreation center with numerous classes and recreational sports programs, and a Performing Arts Series and University Speakers Series which bring national touring productions and speakers to campus.
Indiana State University is seeking an experienced administrative professional to join our team in the Dean's Office in the College of Health and Human Services as the Dean's Assistant. The successful candidate will demonstrate the potential to be an effective team member.
Reporting directly to the Dean, the Dean's Assistant of the College of Health and Human Services manages special projects, assists with budgeting, supports college communications, and facilitates communications with alumni, advisory councils, donors, internal and external constituents and university offices, and coordinates the dean's schedule.
Applicants must have a high school diploma or GED and at least three years of experience in a management or administrative position. Applicants must
- Be able to apply management principles and prioritize work; flexible and adaptable
- Be experienced with creating, compiling, and analyzing reports involving data sets including budgetary information, for the development of various college, university and external reports
- Be able to work effectively with the staff and the public; is customer service oriented and maintains a friendly and helpful demeanor
- Be effective oral communicators
- Possess a high degree of writing skill including spelling, grammar, punctuation, and sentence and paragraph structure and formatting; able to use publishing software to create professional communications for a wide range of audiences
- Be able and inclined towards decision making
- Have computer proficiency and the ability to demonstrate competency with various software packages including Microsoft Office and Banner
- Be able to work independently and exercise judgment in order to analyze and investigate a variety of questions or problems
- Be able to organize and supervise the work of others
Bachelor's degree preferred in business administration, management or related field and at least two years of professional level work experience in managerial or business setting
About Indiana State University
Indiana State University, founded in 1865 is a regional residential public institution focused on undergraduate education and offering masters and doctoral degrees in select areas. Classified as an engaged institution by the Carnegie Foundation, Indiana State University has been named to the President's Higher Education Honor Roll for Community Service each year since its creation. With over 10,000 undergraduate and graduate students, Indiana State University has the most diverse student population in Indiana.
The College of Health and Human Services, established in 2007, is the second largest college at Indiana State University with fall 2021 enrollment of 2300 students, and employing 94 full-time faculty and 45 full-time staff. The college has over 7000 alumni around the nation and the globe, who are making a difference in the health, wellbeing, and social welfare of human beings.
Prospective candidates are asked to submit all application materials via the Indiana State University Applicant Tracking System. To access this system please go to https://jobs.indstate.edu/postings/36553
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled, but those received after November 1, 2021, cannot be ensured full consideration. Review of completed applications will begin immediately.
Applicants must provide the following materials
- A cover letter describing your interest and qualifications for the position
- Contact information for three professional references, at least one of these should be a current or recent supervisor
Applicants must be employed at Indiana State University and eligible to work in the US for other than practical training. The University will not provide visa sponsorship for this position. Indiana State University is an AA/EEO employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of diversity among its faculty, staff, and students.
Please visit www.indstate.edu to learn more about the University, faculty and staff, and students. Questions about the position may be directed to the Search Committee Chair, Caroline Mallory, email@example.com.
Diversity Upgrade: No
Under limited supervision by the Dean, has primary responsibility for a wide variety of complex processes.
Required Field of Study: