Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,445 full-time undergraduates and 5,125 graduate and professional students. Ranked 35 among national universities, Boston College has 878 full-time and 1,201 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $1.2 billion, and an endowment in excess of $2.8 billion.Job Description
The registered nurse working for University Health Services provides physical, psychological, and emotional care to our patients. The nurse will be responsible for identifying patient needs by establishing a personal rapport with patients and evaluating their symptoms following the nursing process and established patient care protocols.
The Nurse is responsible for:
- providing first-aid treatment, immunizations and health counseling to clients;
- ensuring proper care is provided by clearly communicating findings, properly documenting and reporting to the treating practitioners;
- coordinating treatment with the multidisciplinary team, which includes but is not limited to, physicians, nurses, administration, counseling, BC Police Department, and emergency rooms;
- resolving patient needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies; providing counseling regarding health care practices and prescribed medical treatment;
- maintaining inventory, stocking and delivery of medical/surgical and linen supplies for the department while ensuring funding availability, determining the most economic product available, and running supply reports for the Nurse Manager. Supports all clinical professionals by maintaining inventory levels.
This is a 12 month -35 hour per week position. The schedule is Monday through Friday 7:00-3:00, 8:00-4:00 or 9:00-5:00 - alternating every 2-3 weeks. Summer hours 8:30-4:30.
Full-Time Equivalent Hiring Range: $60,800 to $76,000; salary commensurate with relevant experience.Requirements
- Registered Nurse with MA license.
- Minimum three to five years experience in an ambulatory, emergency or college health setting.
- Electronic Medical Record experience required.
Boston College offers a broad and competitive range of benefits depending on your job classification eligibility:
- Tuition remission for Employees
- Tuition remission for Spouses and Children who meet eligibility requirements
- Generous Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Low-Cost Life Insurance
- Eligibility for both University-Funded 401k and Employer-Sponsored403bRetirement Plans
- Paid Holidays Annually
- Generous Sickand Vacation Pay
- Additional benefits can be found onhttps://www.bc.edu/employeehandbook
Boston College conducts pre-employment background checks as part of the hiring process and requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Boston College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. In concert with our Jesuit, Catholic mission, Boston College is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications for women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans.To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at https://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.
Boston College's Notice of Nondiscrimination can be viewed athttps://www.bc.edu/nondiscrimination.