Workforce Development Specialist
JOB TITLE: Director of Workforce Development
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, Exempt, Salary
COMPENSATION RANGE: $72,000 to $80,000 Yearly
DEPARTMENT: Workforce Development
DIVISION: Workforce Development
REPORTS TO: Office of the President
SUPERVISES: Workforce Development Specialists, Administrative Assistant – NPRC Education and Training Center – Erie, and Workforce Development Instructors
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university
- At least three years’ formal training or leadership experience reasonably related to the administrative assignment
- Master’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university
- 3-5 years’ experience as an administrator
- Experience designing educational programs for workforce development
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations related to workforce programming
- Strong connection to federal, state, and local organizations with allied interests
- Strong understanding of the counties served by the College and workforce needs
Under the general direction of the President, the Director of Workforce Development is responsible for the coordination, implementation, and evaluation of all workforce development training programs offered by the College. This position is also responsible for all workforce development areas that pertain to the NPRC Education and Training Center – Erie, as well as any future centers, in coordination with staff. The Director is expected to develop relationships with business and industry, educational institutions, and key stakeholders throughout the region. Training and education will be developed and continuously evaluated through non-credit courses based on feedback received from industry.
Duties of the Director of Workforce Development include, but are not limited to:Business Operations
- Facilitating administration for day, evening, weekend, and summer offerings year round;
- Facilitating classroom locations and usage;
- Providing administrative leadership in the development and management of the budget in relation to workforce development programs;
- Participating as a management team member in general college-wide activities related to personnel, facilities, services to students, and budgeting for instructional programs;
- Providing leadership and support to the workforce development team;
- Providing recommendations for potential growth of both facilities and equipment utilizing data and labor market information to make informed decisions; and
- Developing outcomes related to customized training and community courses, identifying related processes for successful results.
- Providing appropriate oversight and support of the efforts of faculty and staff for meeting the needs of the College’s students and employers;
- Actively participating in efforts of enrollment support, including recruitment, persistence, and retention activities;
- Participating in curriculum development of workforce training programs for the College; and
- Advising the President’s Executive Team regarding non-credit workforce instructional areas of need.
- Working with business and industry to determine workforce needs;
- Developing relationships with other educational institutions at the secondary and post-secondary level;
- Developing relationships with key stakeholders throughout the region;
- Providing information/presentations to community organizations and businesses regarding the College;
- Serving on local, district, and state committees as directed by the President; and
- Coordinating marketing efforts with other college personnel.
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance
- Pennsylvania Access To Criminal History Record Check
- Federal Criminal History Background Check
- Training Certificate - Mandated and Permissive Reporting in Pennsylvania
WORKING CONDITIONS/WORK SCHEDULE:
- Office Location: To be determined depending on incumbent’s county of residence. For more information on areas served, visit our website: regionalcollegepa.org. Travel to Education and Training Center(s) and Administrative Offices, Warren, Pennsylvania is required.
- Work hours: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday thru Thursday and 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Friday
- Work hours may adjust with need to be at after-hour activities/presentations, including evenings and weekends.
- Not withstanding the office hours, all salaired employees are expected to work 40 hours weekly.
Perform other duties as assigned.