Director of Professional Development and Graduate Outreach, School of Education
Lake Erie College, a small, co-educational, four-year, independent liberal arts college located in Painesville, OH, 30 miles east of Cleveland, invites applications for the full-time position of director of professional development and graduate outreach, School of Education.The director leads and manages graduate level teacher education programs in the advancement of Lake Erie College’s strategic focus to enhance outreach and grow graduate and professional programs. This position brokers regional and local partnerships to ensure that education professionals, support staff and the community have access to a responsive, state-of-the-art education and training organization in the field. The director is responsible for all aspects of strategy, program development, marketing, implementation and management of the professional development (PD) program for educators, as well as working with the dean of the School of Education and other stakeholders to grow enrollment in graduate programs in education.
- Promotes and maintains responsive community relations, including collaboration with education service centers, school districts, economic development organizations and across the K-12 education spectrum.
- Markets and recruits for School of Education programs, but especially the graduate, endorsement, and post-baccalaureate licensure programs.
- Establishes cohorts for graduate programs in education, offering graduate information sessions, both in person and online.
- Works with the dean and other campus areas to create, update and distribute print collateral and materials and support digital marketing initiatives.
- Utilizes a variety of market research tools and studies to identify areas for targeted and responsive education and training opportunities, contract training partnerships and consulting services.
- Works strategically and collaboratively with city, county, state and federal agencies, as well as non- profits, foundations, and community-based organizations to establish partnerships, leverage resources and apply for funding.
- Negotiates and administers teaching contracts for PD adjuncts.
- Participates in School of Education recruitment events (open house and Educators Rising), when appropriate.
- Manages new PD submissions.
- Manage the program budget, processes adjunct salaries and onboarding.
- Markets the professional development courses in print and online.
- Establishes innovative professional development options.
- Other duties as assigned by the dean of the School of Education and Professional Studies.
- Master’s degree.
- Knowledge of Ohio teacher licensure requirements and processes.
- Strong background in marketing and recruitment.
- Highly organized and open to innovative approaches.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and three professional references either (1) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, (2) online at www.lec.edu/employment-at-lec/ or (3) to Director of Professional Development and Graduate Outreach, School of Education Search, Lake Erie College, 391 W. Washington St., LEC Box 358, Painesville, OH 44077. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Subject to a criminal background check prior to employment. Learn more at https://www.lec.edu/employment-at-lec/. EOE
As one of the oldest institutions of higher learning in Ohio’s Western Reserve, Lake Erie College is proud of its long heritage. From its start as a female seminary, in the Mount Holyoke style, to the coeducational institution it is today, the College has been a leader in higher education for over 160 years. Offering both undergraduate and graduate degrees, the College fosters an environment of engagement, empowerment and self-evaluation in a diverse world, for both students and employees. We offer a rich menu of employee benefits in retirement, health, education and more, affirming the value we place in our employees.
Lake Erie College provides an excellent, inclusive, and highly personalized education grounded in the liberal arts tradition. Guided by hope and care, our students are empowered to lead lives of personal significance and professional success as global citizens.