Kennesaw State University
Job ID: 235895
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University offers undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its nearly 43,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties and entrepreneurial spirit draw students from throughout the region and from 126 countries across the globe. Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status. For more information, visit kennesaw.edu.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Performs skilled and semi-skilled plumbing work in the maintenance and repair of plumbing systems, equipment and fixtures within the university. Supervises a team of plumbers and assigns workers to projects. Complies with building codes, electrical codes, fire codes, and other technical standards and specifications.
1. Responsible for performing skilled and semi-skilled plumbing work in the maintenance and repair of plumbing systems, equipment and fixtures
2. Coordinates, supervises and assists in plumbing activities involving the repair of plumbing systems, equipment and fixtures
3. Facilitates accurate and timely communications among shops, other disciples, management team, contractors and campus regarding changes, updates and scheduling, maintenance, and preventative maintenance tasks
4. Inspects crew maintenance operations, establishes and communicates standards for performance, assess and record performance, interact with customers/campus in a professional manner
High School diploma or equivalent
Other Required Qualifications
Current and valid Journeyman Plumber license
Current, valid and unrestricted Georgia driver's license
Six (6) years related work experience in construction and/or maintenance in residential, commercial, or industrial settings or a combinationTwo (2) years of supervisor or leadership experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Master Plumbing License State of Georgia (Active) preferred OR HVAC Warm Air License Unrestricted (Active) OR Master Electrical License State of Georgia (Active) OR Fire Alarm/Security License Il (Active)
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to read and interpret blueprints Able to work with job specific machines and hand tools in a safe manner Able to maintain professional and appropriate appearance Able to work non-traditional shifts to include nights, weekends, and on-call services Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Advanced working knowledge of meters and mechanical and plumbing systems Knowledge of governing federal, state and/or local regulations Knowledge of EPA chemical disposal procedures and documentation Knowledge of confined space entry procedures
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite) Strong attention to detail and follow up skills Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national, origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
- This is a supervisory position.
- This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
- Yes, this position will be required to drive.
- This role is considered a position of trust.
- This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
- This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
- This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Drug Screening
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials. https://www.usg.edu/hr/assets/hr/hrap_manual/HRAP_Background_Investigation_Employment.pdf
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=235895&PostingSeq=1