Program Flight Specialist
Position Title: Program Flight Specialist
The University of Maryland Eastern Shore (UMES) is accepting resumes for a full-time position beginning November 2021 in Aviation. The UMES Aviation Science degree program prepares students with the technical and professional skills and disciplines necessary for the operation and management of aviation enterprises including piloting, business management and administration.
- Direct and regular interaction with flight students and oversight of flight student progress.
- Dispatch of student solo flights;.
- Regular interface with Chief Flight Instructor regarding student progress and evaluation; student scheduling, attendance and progress tracking.
- Coordination of student transport to and from airports for flight training; Interfacing with flight instructors and flight schools regularly.
- Coordination of aircraft maintenance with maintenance personnel in consideration of student training.
- Conduct of primary flight student training to include both ground and flight training.
- Regular interface with various campus personnel and flight training partners for the accomplishment of tasks in support of aviation program goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Aviation or Aeronautical Science
- FAA Certified Flight Instructor Airplane Single Engine Land.
- Valid FAA Class II Medical required.
- Administrative experience in data analysis and tracking;
- Experience in a customer service setting.
- Additional Flight and Ground Instructor Ratings and experience.
- Graduate degrees preferred;
- Experience in flight operations, flight simulation and training in a college setting;
- Experience in Cessna 172 aircraft with G1000 NAV III GFC 700 avionics;
- Additional FAA pilot and/or mechanic certifications.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Applicant must have demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Administrative, data-processing, written reporting skills.
- Skill in oversight of training operations and student tracking and evaluation.
- Clean driving record.
- Ability to drive state vehicles.
- FAA Certified Flight Instructor Airplane Single Engine Land
- Valid FAA Class II Medical.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and the names of three current, professional references to include e-mail address and telephone number. All applicants must apply using the new online application system. Please visit http://umes.peopleadmin.com to apply. The successful candidate must be able to accept employment in the United States without Employer Immigration sponsorship.
Open Until Filled: Yes
Job Posting Link: https://umes.peopleadmin.com/postings/2787