Core Faculty, Masters of Social Work
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic individual for the position of Core Faculty member in the Masters of Social Work program. This is a full-time, three-year term, benefits-eligible position (with the possibility for renewal) based on the Minneapolis campus.
This position is responsible for teaching assigned courses; this includes planning learning experiences designed to address course objectives, facilitating learning through engagement, and assessing student learning. The faculty member plays an essential role in developing and reviewing curriculum, student advising, assessing student achievement of competencies and outcomes, and enhancing the scholarship and professional expertise of the program and the School of Health and Human Services through activities, such as participating in faculty meetings and committees.
Candidates should have expertise in the teaching of adult students in online or hybrid settings. This includes a demonstrated basic proficiency and interest in educational technology such as Canvas, Engage and Panopto. Candidates must be comfortable using technology and in using technology to engage adult learners. An essential quality for the faculty member is the ability to work effectively within a team structure to carry out the mission of the University. Ideal candidates should possess the following:
- Have at least five years of direct clinical social work practice experience in social work. Candidates with evidence of practice experience in the field and teaching in higher education are sought.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be learning-centered, student-focused and have the ability to foster a positive and inclusive learning environment.
- Must have the willingness to adapt curricula and teaching to current trends in the field.
- Demonstrated excellence in online teaching, including the ability to deliver course content, facilitate in person classroom discussions, and assess learning objectives.
- Experience teaching adult students is preferred.
- Candidate must exemplify the core values of the profession as specified in the Social Work Code of Ethics as well as the core competencies specified in Council on Social Work Education Educational Policy and Accreditation Standards.
- The successful candidate must support, respect, and advance the mission of Saint Mary’s University as a Lasallian Catholic institution.
Ideal candidates will have the following credentials and experience:
- Master of Social Work degree is required to be considered for this position.
- MSW degree plus a doctoral degree in social work is preferred; candidates with both an MSW degree and a doctorate in related field may also apply.
- More than five years of social work practice experience in the field and an academic setting will be considered.
- Experience in higher education is preferred which includes teaching, program development, and/or administration, including experience with the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) accreditation standards.
- Currently licensed to practice clinical social work in the state of Minnesota or be eligible for licensure is required.
Apply online at www.smumn.edu/careers and include a cover letter, CV and contact information for three professional references.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check.