HigherEdJobs is seeking a Marketing Manager to join our growing marketing team.
The Marketing Manager’s chief responsibilities are to help creatively and strategically develop and execute marketing activities to support the company’s marketing and business objectives. The Marketing Manager must be able to collaborate and work effectively with a diverse range of individuals and have a strong capacity for managing multiple projects at one time. This position is based in State College, Pennsylvania, with the possibility for remote work.
About the Position
Primary responsibilities of the position include:
- Develop and execute marketing projects and campaigns to support the overall marketing strategy of HigherEdJobs and its subsidiary brands
- Contribute to the creation and manage the execution of marketing collateral, advertisements, and other marketing materials
- Make necessary changes and updates to the website, research possible solutions, consult with relevant stakeholders, lead copy efforts, and collaborate with various team members when necessary
- Stay abreast of current marketing trends and work to identify new marketing opportunities and contribute ideas for new projects to help the company achieve its strategic marketing objectives
- Responsible for the creation, execution, evaluation, and revision of a variety of email marketing campaigns, including sales and promotional emails, automated drip campaigns to increase user engagement, and a variety of other emails, ensuring their effectiveness
- Assist with the development and implementation of marketing research projects -- using surveys, interviews, and other tools -- to gain better insight into the needs and pain points of our customers and users
Founded in 1996 and headquartered in State College, PA, HigherEdJobs is the leading source for jobs and career information in academia. Our website is visited by over 1.5 million people a month. Last year, we helped 3,700 colleges, universities, and related organizations from the U.S. and worldwide attract faculty, administrative, and executive candidates for over 200,000 open positions. As a comprehensive career resource, we provide news, job search advice, and other tools to the higher ed community.
We are looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (preferably in marketing, advertising, communications, or related field)
- Minimum 6 years experience with a track record of successfully developing and implementing integrated marketing campaigns with measurable results
- Passion for writing compelling copy for various marketing content, including emails, landing pages, ads, etc.
- Ability to see a campaign from concept to completion, strong project management skills are a must
- Solutions-oriented person who can use critical thinking and analytical skills to support marketing plans and strategies
- Works well in a collaborative, team-oriented environment but is also self-motivated and can work independently when needed
- Superior knowledge of computer software (Word, Excel, etc…) and experience using web analytics tools, particularly Google Analytics
- Knowledge of the higher education industry is preferred
Position offers salary, 401(k) with company match, health, dental, vision, life, disability, and paid vacation
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com