Open Rank in Emergency Medicine (req18021)
Employment Type: Faculty
Emergency Med Consortium (558C)
School of Medicine
The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for more information.
The University of New Mexico, School of Medicine, Department of Emergency Medicine, Division of Prehospital, Austere and Disaster Medicine is seeking a full-time physician faculty member. In addition to supporting our EM residency program and providing clinical care in both our academic and community hospital facilities, this faculty member will join 8 other board-certified EMS physicians to support and advance a thriving EMS medical direction and field response program, an EMS fellowship with three fellows annually, a vibrant EMS education academy, the International Mountain Medicine Center and the Center for Rural and Tribal EMS. We also have opportunities in air medical transport, tactical EMS, wilderness medicine and rescue, event medicine, and research.
The Department of Emergency Medicine has 72 full-time and part-time attending physicians, and is home to an outstanding EM Residency, EMS Academy and Center for Disaster Medicine. UNM Health System is New Mexico's only Level I Trauma Center, UNM Children's Hospital, home to the only Burn Center, and the state's first Comprehensive Stroke Center. UNM Health System providers specialize in over 150 areas and receive 900,000 outpatient visits, 22,000 surgical cases and 100,000 emergency room visits each year. UNM prides itself on being an engaged partner to the many communities it serves and takes great pride and accepts the responsibility that comes with that commitment. The School of Medicine (SOM), created in 1964, is celebrated for its research discoveries and innovations in medical education and has earned a reputation for prioritizing diversity in the physician and health professions workforce. SOM is home to a groundbreaking BA/MD Program that provides a new pathway for students from throughout New Mexico to pursue a medical career, as well as, numerous graduate and health profession programs. The SOM sits within a Health Sciences Center, along with a Population-Based Health, Pharmacy, and Nursing Graduate Program offering unique inter-professional training and collaborative experiences. The University of New Mexico is located in the beautiful mountain west at the intersection of unique and diverse cultures.We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
- Have an MD/DO or equivalent.
- Board certified or board eligible in Emergency Medical Services and Emergency Medicine
- 3 to 5 years of directly related experience which may include time spent in residency and fellowship.
- State of New Mexico Medical license or equivalent and Federal DEA Certification at time of hire.
Preferred Qualifications: (We invite applicants to talk about their knowledge. experiences, and impact in the following areas):
- Clinical skills relevant to emergency medicine and Pre-hospital EMS.
- Communicate effectively with physicians, patients and other health professionals as well as with multi-lingual populations.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, as well as working with broadly diverse communities.
- Commitment and activities related to community engagement.
- Interest or experiences in scholarly, educational, or administrative work to include coaching and mentoring.
- Personal and professional alignment with the values of the Department and the UNM School of medicine
Only applications submitted through
the official UNMJobs site will be accepted. If you are viewing this job
advertisement on a 3rd party site, please
visit UNMJobs to submit an application.
Please include a cover letter which describes your educational and professional background, lived experiences and alignment with the values of the Department and the UNM School of Medicine: https://hsc.unm.edu/medicine/about/mission.html The cover letter may also include a description of work in the four domains listed above with a focus on activities which have made a demonstrated positive impact.
For best consideration, please apply by 12/6/2021. This position will remain open until filled.