Research Associate, Connell School of Nursing
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,445 full-time undergraduates and 5,125 graduate and professional students. Ranked 35 among national universities, Boston College has 878 full-time and 1,201 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $1.2 billion, and an endowment in excess of $2.8 billion.Job Description
Research Associate/Research Implementation Specialist - CSON - Part Time 21 hours
Working independently, under the supervision of the Associate Dean for Research and in collaboration with CSON Principal Investigator(s), the RIS provides support to teams conducting clinical research studies. The position may include being responsible for the following activities: recommending changes to protocols, establishing data collection and monitoring procedures, undertaking data collection, performing statistical analysis, and overseeing the work of more entry level staff.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Coordinates the implementation of sponsored clinical research studies
In collaboration with Principal Investigators, develops and implements new research protocols including design, data collection systems and institutional review board approval
Works in collaboration with Principal Investigator and their teams to develop and implement recruitment strategies
Recommends changes to research protocols and manages modifications to institutional review board protocols
Develops, organizes, and/or maintains detailed clinical and research databases. May use programs such as excel and REDCap. Responsible for data validation and quality control
Responsible for collecting data and maintaining participant information database for study. May be required to perform data analysis, run associated reports and help in the development of key tables and central illustrations.
Performs literature searches, as appropriate
Co-authors published articles with PI/Research team when sufficient contributions are made.
Maintains collaborative, team relationships with peers and colleagues. Attends meetings as required
All other duties as assigned
Competitive salary commensurate with relevant experience. Position beginning at 60% time with benefits, with possibility of fulltime in future academic years.Requirements
Master's Degree in Epidemiology, Biostatistics or related field of study.
At least one year of work experience in a research setting involving human subjects. Sound independent judgment and competence in research methodologies. Previous experience in interventional trials would be a strong advantage. Experience collaborating with scientists who represent diversity in discipline, race, ethnicity, language or origin, gender, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status.
Laboratory experience including handling and processing biological specimens is preferred, but not required. Experience in data management and fundamentals of biostatistics required.
* Ability to work independently and problem-solve
* Excellent interpersonal skills are required for working with clinical staff
* Outstanding oral and written communication skills
* Analytical skills to collect and synthesize information from various sources, ability to troubleshoot and resolve research problems
* Knowledge of clinical research protocols (certification in Good Clinical Practices a plus)
* High degree of computer literacy
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize a variety of tasks. Flexibility with work volume and schedule.
* Attentive to detail and solid organizational skills
* Ability to demonstrate professionalism in a hospital environment
* Knowledge of data management programs (e.g. REDCAP)
* Expert knowledge of a common statistical package (e.g. Stata).
* An understanding of medical terminology
* Experience in clinical research, public health, or clinical setting (at least one year)
* Laboratory skills for proper specimen processing, documentation, and protocol adherence (preferred).
Boston College offers a broad and competitive range of benefits depending on your job classification eligibility:
- Tuition remission for Employees
- Tuition remission for Spouses and Children who meet eligibility requirements
- Generous Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Low-Cost Life Insurance
- Eligibility for both University-Funded 401k and Employer-Sponsored403bRetirement Plans
- Paid Holidays Annually
- Generous Sickand Vacation Pay
- Additional benefits can be found onhttps://www.bc.edu/employeehandbook
Boston College conducts pre-employment background checks as part of the hiring process and requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Boston College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. In concert with our Jesuit, Catholic mission, Boston College is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications for women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans.To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at https://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.
Boston College's Notice of Nondiscrimination can be viewed athttps://www.bc.edu/nondiscrimination.