SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Works under the direction of the assistant vice president of marketing and communications.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Supervises student workers as necessary.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Videographer/Photographer will report to the assistant vice president of marketing and communications in support of the marketing and communications department in various functions including: Act as the primary videographer and photographer for campus activities, assist in day-to-day marketing tasks and events, and coordinating marketing projects and activities as requested with faculty, students, and staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide strategic video and photography support of on-campus moments for stories used in undergraduate and graduate admissions materials, social media, marketing collateral and editorial content
- Provide technical support of video production, e.g. shooting video on campus and editing footage via Adobe Suite
- Support on-and off-campus events with video and/or photography presence, including undergraduate and graduate admissions, alumni engagement and advancement, and other university departments and organizations, including some weekends and evenings
- Field and manage video and photo requests from across campus for on-campus speakers, special events, and institutional functions
- Arrange and execute photo shoots with faculty, staff, and students, both staged and candid, that fulfill needs for editorial, website, and marketing collateral, as needed
- Conceptualize and execute short videos for websites and social media that communicate the spirit of the university
- Quickly prepare digital content for publication through post-production and photo editing.
- Manage a library of current and archived assets, acting as the main point of contact
- Work with and manage relationships with freelance photographers and video production companies as needed
- Provide support for academic departments that regularly produce curriculum-focused brochures, flyers or other materials via photography or video
- Assist the social media manager, editorial director and content marketing manager in actively seeking out stories from faculty and students including accolades, awards, academic achievements, publishing, media coverage and other noteworthy events for distribution and to provide a foundation for more in-depth content, if appropriate
- Other duties as assigned by the assistant vice president or their designee.
- Bachelor's degree in photography, film or related area.
- Technical mastery of DSLR camera systems.
- Proficient in creating video content for use in marketing, social media and website content
- Proficient in video and photo editing
- Proficient in content creation and editing software tools, e.g. Adobe Suite
- 2+ years'photography and videography experience
- Strong attention to detail and ability to balance multiple tasks
- Must be motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
TO APPLY: Qualified candidates should attach their cover letter and resume to the online application by clicking "Apply Now". Please attach documents as a PDF file.
Link to our DEI Action Plan: https://www.moravian.edu/dei-action-plan
Deep respect for others is fundamental to the Moravian University community. Moravian University does not discriminate against any person based on actual or perceived race, color, sex, religion, ancestry, genetic information, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, familial status, marital status, age, veteran status, disability, use of guide or support animals and/or mechanical aids, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. In compliance with the requirements of Title IX, Moravian University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational program and activity, including employment.
Concerns regarding all forms of discrimination, including sexual harassment and/or sex discrimination in employment:
Leah M. Naso
Title IX Coordinator/Compliance Officer
210 Colonial Hall
1200 Main St.
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 18018
Concerns regarding gender and equity in athletics:
Assistant Athletic Director
148 Johnston Hall
1200 Main St.
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 18018
Concerns regarding the application of Title IX:
U.S. Department of Education
Office of Civil Rights
100 Penn Square East, Suite 515
Philadelphia, PA 19107-3323
Report sexual harassment/sex discrimination online anytime (can be anonymous) at www.moravian.edu/titleix. Grievance procedures can be found in the institutional Equal Opportunity, Harassment, and Non-Discrimination Policy at www.moravian.edu/policy.
Please visit moravian.edu/benefits to review benefits offered at Moravian University.*
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this job.
The individual is routinely exposed to indoor conditions, minimum outdoor weather and temperature extremes, and moderate noise level.
Pursuant to the ADA, Moravian University will provide reasonable services and accommodation(s) to employees with qualified disabilities in order to perform the essential functions of their employment, except when doing so would be unduly disruptive and/or result in undue hardship to the University. Accommodations are determined on a case-by-case basis through documentation review and an interactive interview process that includes the employee's supervisor. Requests for accommodation or questions about this process should be directed to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610.861.1527. View the standard physical demands for positions at Moravian University. If this position requires additional or different demands, a Human Resources team member will notify you.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
*Please visit this link to review the benefit eligibility status associated with this position.ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Moravian University offers students a private education they will not find anywhere else: personal attention and preparation for life with a record of success longer than our nation's history. Located in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania and offering undergraduate and graduate degrees that blend liberal arts with professional programs, Moravian University has been preparing students for reflective lives, fulfilling careers, and transformative leadership in a world of change since 1742. Moravian University is a member of The New American Colleges and Universities (NAC&U), a national consortium of selective, small to mid-size independent colleges and universities dedicated to the purposeful integration of liberal education, professional studies, and civic engagement. Visit moravian.edu to learn more about how the Moravian University focus on education for all prepares its students for life-long success.