Ed Farm | PROPEL
Columbia, South Carolina
Admissions and Enrollment
Ed Farm | PROPEL seeks to recruit a Full-Time Site Director for Ed Farm’s inaugural Accelerate Program charged with launching, growing, and managing the Accelerate program in a target Accelerate region. We are looking for an experienced and effective leader who has demonstrated success in facilitating outstanding academic outcomes for low-income students from diverse backgrounds in secondary or postsecondary settings. We seek a manager who is energized by a startup environment, loves the agility and problem solving that comes with that environment, and enjoys building and inspiring teams.
Ed Farm Overview
Ed Farm was launched in February 2020 in Birmingham, Alabama to create a suite of signature programs designed to engage students, educators and adult learners in innovative digital skills experiences that better prepare them for the 21st-century workforce. In February 2021, Ed Farm in partnership with Apple Computer and Southern announced plans to launch the Propel Center, a physical and virtual hub based in Atlanta, Georgia that will partner with Historical Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) to provide powerful learning experiences for HBCU students and staff and increase the pool of HBCU graduates entering and leading the innovation economy. Moving forward, Ed Farm is expanding its programming and its footprint across the country to 1) Build on the existing programming and work taking place in Birmingham and expand our community-based offerings as part of Ed Farm ENGAGE; 2) Launch Ed Farm PROPEL in Atlanta, Georgia in service of HBCUs across the country; and 3) Launch Ed Farm ACCELERATE across the country to increase the pool of low income students college ready and HBCU-bound.
Responding to the crisis of college preparedness among low-income students of color, Ed Farm Accelerate is a one-to-two-year college accelerator designed to support students who are college capable but not yet college ready to access and persist through college. Students at Accelerate locations will earn transferable college credit at no cost and participate in coursework and projects that will prepare them for success in innovation fields, and be supported by a team of coaches and faculty dedicated to their success. Accelerate is built on a proven model where 92% of students have gone on to continue their college education.
- Partner with the national Accelerate team to build and grow strategic relationships and partnerships in the target region
- Lead outreach to high school and community partners to secure and establish partnerships; manage those relationships and partnerships throughout the launch phase
- Lead outreach to high school students and their families and manage the student recruitment and application process
- Ensure the launch site achieves goals with respect to student enrollment of target students
- Partner with the national Accelerate team in recruiting, selecting and onboarding site staff
- Partner with the national Accelerate team in building staff training modules
- Partner with the national Accelerate team in operationalizing the site
- Oversee the student mentoring and guidance services offered at an Accelerate site serving approximately 180 students
- Manage multiple Student Success Managers and Math and Writing Tutors in the implementation of the Accelerate program
- Collaborate with Adjunct Faculty to ensure alignment of support resources with course objectives
- Coordinate provision of student services from main campus to location, including, but not limited to, disabilities services, library services, and financial aid
- Ensure student attendance and retention targets are met with support from the site staff
- Ensure the effective implementation of the weekly Success Seminar, monitoring implementation and ensuring quality facilitation
- Lead success managers in the development and implementation of college transition plans, including completing applications and FAFSA
- Develop and implement creative strategies for assisting students with unique needs across a wide range of college preparedness
- Monitor student achievement and other program implementation metrics determined by the national Accelerate team in collaboration with other Site Directors, engaging in thoughtful real-time data analysis to improve service to students
- Manage site operations and student recruitment/enrollment functions for the site in collaboration with the Site Operations Coordinator
- Regularly engage with parents/guardians and family members and participate in student recruitment activities
- Other duties as assigned.
Site Director Qualifications
- At least 5 years of experience in education or college advising at the secondary or post-secondary level
- Demonstrated success in supporting the academic achievement of students who are college-capable, but not yet college-ready, including low-income students from diverse backgrounds
- Prior experience managing teams and building capacity of staff
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with a diverse group of students and staff
- Demonstrated sensitivity in working with students and staff of diverse racial, ethnic, academic and socio-economic backgrounds, sexual orientation, and disabilities by showing respect for differences and the dignity of others.
- Master’s Degree from a regionally-accredited college
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel to partner schools required.