Manager of Copy and Content
Delaware Valley University, in beautiful Doylestown, Pennsylvania, is accepting candidates for Manager of Copy and Content in our Marketing and Communications department.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Manager of Copy and Content is responsible for the day-to-day management of the University's marketing copy and content including but not limited to creating and directing website copy, media relations, publications, advertising, marketing materials, and collateral, and social media content. The manager ensures that the University's marketing content is consistent, adheres to brand standards, and supports the University's strategic goals. This position manages the social media coordinator and copywriter, as well as the University's interns and freelance writers.
This is a 12-month, full-time staff position.
Supervisory Responsibilities include:
- May recruit, interview, hire, and train new staff, student workers, interns and freelance writers
- Oversees the daily workflow of direct reports
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations and feedback
- Sets yearly goals and initiatives for direct reports
- Manages time off requests for staff
Essential job responsibilities include:
- Provides strategic direction for social media content, media relations, advertising, internal communications, publications, and web copy for the University. Ensures that content positively represents and advances the University's brand
- Project manages copy development for University projects
- Serves as the editor for the website, publications, and other content creation
- Works collaboratively with other areas of the University, including athletics, enrollment management, development and alumni, and academic programs to advance the University's strategic goals
- Manages the creation of marketing copy and content to ensure that content is fresh, compelling, and impactful
- Conducts interviews, writes and edits copy
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum qualifications include:
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, writing, communication or related field
- Master's degree preferred
- Minimum five years' experience working in marketing and communications and/or managing brand-related content
- Experience in media relations, social media, writing and editing, and publications is required
The successful candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - solid editing and writing skills are essential for this position
- Ability to direct and edit marketing copy and provide feedback to writers, freelancers, and interns
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Working knowledge of Adobe Suite
- Working knowledge of Drupal and InDesign
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments and prioritize
Physical demands and working conditions for this position include:
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Typically standing or walking
- Typically bending, crouching, stooping
- Require some weekend and evening hours and may be required to be on-call
Why work for DelVal?
- Beautiful college campus in charming Doylestown!
- Free parking and Septa stop on-site!
- Collaborative, collegial colleagues!
- Tuition waiver for self and dependents!
- Generous paid time off policy including paid winter break!
- Various discounts including campus bookstore, Bucks County YMCA, BJ's and Costco Wholesale!
- Many other wonderful benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability and flex spending and retirement plan!
Delaware Valley University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.