Administrative Support Assistant II (Oro Valley, AZ)
Posting Number: req7865
Department: Vet Med Administration
Location: Outside of Tucson
Address: 1580 E Hanley Blvd, Oro Valley, AZ 85737 USA
Position HighlightsThe University of Arizona College of Veterinary Medicine (CVM), located in Oro Valley, Arizona, is seeking a highly enthusiastic Administrative Support Assistant II to provide support to the College of Veterinary Medicine's Business Office and front desk support at the College of Veterinary Medicine Oro Valley campus.
A successful candidate will be competent using a variety of computer software programs; have a high proficiency and comfort in multi-tasking; possess a strong customer service orientation; strong oral and written communication skills; and demonstrate a high capacity to respond to requests in a timely manner with diplomacy and discretion.
This position will serve as a point of contact for many in and outside of the college and it is imperative that all are treated with respect and feel welcome. This position will be expected to perform a variety of clerical duties including, but not limited to, making copies, filing, ordering office supplies, and conducting necessary errands.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Employee COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
All University employees, including student workers and graduate assistants/associates, must verify that they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless they have been granted a religious or disability/medical accommodation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides support to the College of Veterinary Medicine's Business Office, including but not limited to, P-Card processing, scheduling, setting up meetings, organizing the itinerary, and set up and tear down of meetings, as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining a welcoming and safe environment for College of Veterinary Medicine employees and patrons at the front reception desk. Observes the flow of visitors for security purposes.
- Answers and directs a high volume of calls. Directs calls to appropriate persons or takes the message from the caller.
- Greets visitors and directs them to the appropriate person; notifies the appropriate person of visitors' arrival as needed.
- Independently answers inquiries and provides information or assistance to callers and visitors.
- Maintains the functionality and organization of the front reception area, copier/mailroom, and conference rooms.
- Responsible for ordering office supplies for the college.
- Receives, date stamps, separates, and distributes incoming mail or other materials to work unit members; determines appropriate receiver based on the subject of correspondence or mail.
- Responsible for assisting with general errands and may need to deliver items to Main Campus on occasion.
- Responsible for giving brief tours of the facility upon request.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Organizational Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $14.91 - $19.23
Compensation Type: hourly rate
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.