Administrative Assistant, CMDA
This successful applicant will provide expert administrative and program support for Virginia Tech's Computational Modeling and Data Analytics (CMDA) program. The CMDA program, founded in 2015, comprises an interdisciplinary team of faculty and advisors who deliver an undergraduate major that presently enrolls 630 students.
Specific work responsibilities may include:Supporting the Director of the CMDA program; scheduling appointments; making travel arrangements; managing CMDA budgeting and reimbursement activities; collecting and compiling data related to assessment activities; contributing to strategic initiatives; managing course and degree related correspondence; implementing webpage updates; supporting needs related to the CMDA curriculum, including course time and classroom scheduling; providing administrative support for classes during the semester; preparing documents and presentations; assisting in onboarding of new hires; managing CMDA student workers; planning and implementing major events, such as commencement ceremonies and committee meetings.
- Demonstrated experience providing administrative support services to a large organization
- Demonstrated proficiency utilizing software applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Google Docs/Sheets, and Adobe Acrobat
- Demonstrated experience with basics of fiscal record-keeping and management
- Demonstrated experience handling meeting, event, and travel arrangements
- Strong oral and written professional/interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work occasional evening and weekend events
- Experience providing administrative support to academic leadership
- Experience with Banner or similar relational database
- Experience with HokieMart, TimeClock Plus, and Chrome River
- Experience with survey software, such as Google Forms, QuestionPro, or Qualtrics
- Experience maintaining a website
- Basic graphic design skills
- Experience in a higher education environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
November 30, 2021
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check as well as documentation ofCOVID-19 vaccinationor receive approval from the university for a vaccination exemption due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Teresa Price at email@example.com regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.