Student Engagement Coordinator
The full-time Student Engagement Coordinator is a student-centered position and has responsibilities of program management for both on and off campus events as well as provide administrative and operational support for the Student Engagement Office and Registered Student Organizations. This position will also work closely with the Associate Director for Student Engagement to expand current social media and marketing support, manage and promote club sports and intramurals and expand our newly established Mascot program in order to foster a culturally rich, diverse, and vibrant campus community.
This is a full-time, 12-month live on Campus position. Holy Family requires all faculty, staff, and students to be fully vaccinated or have an approved medical or religious exception.
Employees must understand the mission of Catholic higher education and be committed to the core values, mission, goals and objectives of Holy Family University.
An overview of essential responsibilities:
Event and Program Management
- Create, develop and execute a campus calendar that focuses on offering vibrant, consistent and engaging day, night and weekend social and enrichment-based programming experiences for students;
- Transport students utilizing university vehicles when needed;
- Assist with the creation and development of large-scale programming ideas identified from Registered Student Organizations (RSO) or university departments;
- Utilize social media and creative promotions to increase program and Student Engagement presence;
- Attend weekly events meetings with colleagues;
- Assist with serving on campus wide committees that will focus on small- and large-scale campus wide programming;
- Enhancing outreach, support and programming opportunities for commuter students while also creating a Commuter Student Association.
Administrative and Operational Support
- Purchase needed supplies for office and RSO programming efforts;
- Identify and secure programming vendors for needed Student Engagement Office and RSO events and programs;
- Work closely with students and Marketing and Communications to identify unique ways of promotion of events;
- Identify ways to work closely with student leaders to support and expand the commuter and affinity group initiatives.
- Manage the scheduling, reservations and upkeep for the mascot.
- Assist the Associate Director of Student Engagement in securing and maintaining fiscal paperwork including purchasing as well as receipt and budget reconciliation.
- Assist with supervision of work study students.
Club Sports and Intramural Management
- Coordinate and implement various intramural programs identified through students’ interest;
- Provide administrative and program support to advisors and coaches of the university club sports program.
Residence Life On-Call Responsibilities
- Reside in on-campus provided housing;
- Serve in the emergency on-call rotation for RA support;
- Follow all duty requirements, such as being on campus (or within fifteen minutes) when on-call;
- Properly document incidents in the Safe Colleges system, as required;
- Act as a mandated reporter as required by law;
- Follow all procedures when responding to on-call incidents, contacting Public Safety, 911, the on-call Counselor and other constituents.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Master’s Degree in applicable field is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving skills;
- Independent, self-starter and team participant;
- Student-centered, mission driven with a focus on serving first-generation college students;
- Ability to multitask;
- Must be able to keep confidentiality;
- Flexibility with variable time commitments, especially during evenings and weekends;
- Candidates for this position must complete a required judicial records disclosure form and submit this form to their undergraduate institution(s). Records of violation of university policies at these intuition(s) will be highly scrutinized, but will not automatically preclude employment.
- Valid driver’s license is required.