Faculty - Full Time FNP - College of Nursing and Health Care Professions
Make a Difference at Grand Canyon University
Shape the bright futures of Grand Canyon University students as a full time Faculty member for the traditional ground campus in the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions in Phoenix, AZ. The College, boasts a rich 30-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs. Students can earn their RN to BSN, or a master's in nursing degree specializing in advanced patient care or in the emerging fields of health care administration, management, or public health.
As a full-time Faculty member, you'll provide program instruction incorporating innovative teaching methodologies, cutting-edge technologies and other industry trends reflecting advancements in your discipline. If you are highly motivated and passionate about teaching exceptional quality instruction in modern facilities with smaller class sizes, we'd like to hear from you.
The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions is seeking a full time Faculty for the FNP Program.
Please note, the home base for this position is located at our main campus in Phoenix, AZ.
- Teaches one or more subjects within prescribed curriculum to facilitate and engage students in the learning process.
- Compiles bibliographies of specialized materials for outside reading assignments.
- Stimulates class discussions.
- Compiles, administers, and grades examinations, or assigns this work to others.
- Remains current with new trends and development in his/her field of expertise.
- Required to maintain the equivalent of a four course load (16 credit hours).
- Master's degree required (MSN), Doctoral preferred or pursuing.
- Board certified FNP.
- Eighteen (18) hours of graduate study in a field relevant to teach responsibilities.
- Two or more years of teaching and/or relevant nursing/medical experience.
- Unencumbered, current RN Licensure in Arizona or a compact state required.
- A respect for and ability to work with students.
- Evidence of involvement in one's professional area (e.g. membership in professional organizations, presentations, research, and/or publications.
- Must successfully pass a drug test.
- Participation in and/or support of the university program in all areas including an evident congruence with the philosophy and direction of the institution, and service to the community.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University's Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.
Interested in GCU Faculty and Adjunct positions, but can't find a position that's right for you?
Submit your resume to our Faculty Jobs Talent Community to be considered for future opportunities. Visit the Faculty Jobs page on the GCU Career Site and scroll down to join the Talent Community.
GCU's Christian worldview has shaped the university's mission and growth for more than 65 years. As a Christ-centered higher education institution, GCU integrates faith, learning and work to connect the GCU community with distinct Christian principles and strong central values. The University values diversity among its students, faculty and staff, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans. At GCU, working professionals may find their purpose in ways marked by compassion, service, integrity and concern for the common good.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.
For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job Application Guide.
If you're looking for jobs in admissions/enrollment, accounting, curriculum development, financial aid, human resources, information technology, marketing or other student service-related jobs at Grand Canyon Education, Inc. Visit our partner's site at jobs.gce.com for more information.