Program Support Specialist
Exciting opportunity to join a growing, nationally ranked program. The Program in Real Estate within the Pamplin College of Business seeks a Program Support Specialist. This position will work independently with general direction from the Willis Blackwood Director, Academic Advisor and Marketing and Industry Engagement Coordinator. This position will assist people in person, virtually and by phone and will interact effectively with a wide range of individuals, to include current and prospective students, parents, faculty, other Pamplin and university employees, and real estate industry professionals. The position maintains the day-today operations of the Program.
- Demonstrated experience providing administrative support in a professional office environment with a how-can-I-help-you attitude.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Outstanding communication skills, professional demeanor, and team commitment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and demonstrated ability to quickly learns new software.
- Higher education experience.
- Familiarity with Virginia Tech systems such as Banner, HokieMart, TEM.
- Adobe suite and Microsoft software (including Excel and PowerPoint) experience.
Commensurate with Experience
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check as well as documentation ofCOVID-19 vaccinationor receive approval from the university for a vaccination exemption due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Samantha Gagnetat email@example.com regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.