Enrollment Customer Service Counselor
Kennesaw State University
Admissions and Enrollment
Job ID: 236335
Location: Marietta, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University offers undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its nearly 43,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties and entrepreneurial spirit draw students from throughout the region and from 126 countries across the globe. Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status. For more information, visit kennesaw.edu.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Counsels students, prospective students, and parents regarding the admissions, financial aid, registration, and other enrollment-related processes throughout students' college experience. Collaborates with Enrollment Services Division staff and other campus-wide constituents to provide timely and exemplary customer service.
1. Monitors departmental phones, voice mail and e-mail systems;
2. Responds timely and accurately to inquiries from students, prospective students, parents and/or guardians regarding Admissions, Registration, Financial Aid, and other enrollment related areas;
3. Documents communications interactions and information according established guidelines;
4. Escalates inquiries to appropriate personnel per guidelines;
5. Processes immunization, tuition classification and lawful presecne documents; mantains compliance with institutional, USG, state, and federal regulations;
6. Serves as backup to Concierge in making outbound calls for various campaigns.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High School diploma or equivalent
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Previous experience in a customer service role
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution of higher education
Prior experience in enrollment services at an accredited institution of higher education is preferred
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Working knowledge of and abides by the regulations of the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced work environment, demonstrated ability to manage time and proven ability to achieve set goals and have a strong customer service attitude
- High level of empathy and ability to deal with difficult and confidential situations
- Able to deal with multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, technology, organization, communication (verbal and written), and time management skills
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite, BANNER, NolijWeb, DegreeWorks, a CRM program)
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Strong customer service skills; phone and e-mail etiquette
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
- This is not a supervisory position.
- This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
- No, this position will not be required to drive.
- This role is considered a position of trust.
- This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
- This position will not travel
- This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials. https://www.usg.edu/hr/assets/hr/hrap_manual/HRAP_Background_Investigation_Employment.pdf
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=236335&PostingSeq=1