Postdoctoral Researcher-Social, Behavioral and Health Sciences
Kennesaw State University
Laboratory and Research
Job ID: 236045
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University offers undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its nearly 43,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties and entrepreneurial spirit draw students from throughout the region and from 126 countries across the globe. Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status. For more information, visit kennesaw.edu.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Postdoctoral Researchers support teams of KSU faculty and students (undergraduate and graduate students), which engage with external collaborators from other universities, community members, government agencies, and/or private sector entities to stimulate innovation, capacity-building, and sustainability of research and scholarly activity at KSU.
This position is considered limited-term staff since it utilizes contingent funding. Continued employment is contingent upon availability of grant funding for this position.
1. Plans and executes experimental activities, data analyses, submission of reports or of manuscripts to peer-reviewed publications, and/or attendance and presentation of research findings at appropriate venues of dissemination.
2. Develops and contributes to new ideas for research proposals and directions within the research group.
3. Develops an Individual Development Plan (IDP) in collaboration with faculty mentor
4. Generates revenue by securing grants and participates in departmental and institutional career development programs, such as grant writing workshops
5. Prepares project budget and ensures funded project operates within budget guidelines
6. Maintains official records and documents, and ensures compliance with institutional policies, and federal, state and local regulations
7. Establishes working relationships and cooperative arrangements with internal and external partners
8. Engages in research and publication
9. Responsible for teaching qualified courses and may include lecture and/or laboratory components, as assigned
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Conducts interdisciplinary research regarding social determinants of health, health disparities, and implementation science
2. Provides guidance on research methodology and mixed study methods, including program evaluation
3. Coordinates and plans interdisciplinary grant proposal preparation and submission
4. Presents and publishes research
5. Leads and mentors student researchers
6. Provides a direction for implementation science research
- Ph.D. from an accredited institution of higher education
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Refer to the College's Postdoctoral project addendum
- Able to handle multiple tasks or projects simultaneously to meet assigned deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to carry out independent and collaborative research on a team of faculty and students with the ability to meet deliverables and milestones
- Demonstrated creative and proactive approach towards problem solving
- Knowledge of and experience in general analytical methods development and good analytical practices
- Maintains a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field
- Outstanding proposal and paper writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem-solving, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management, and presentation skills
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
- Refer to the department specific Research Addendum for additional KSA information
- Ph.D. in Health Promotion and Behavior, Public Health, Health Policy, or related field
- Must have published peer-reviewed articles
- Must have interest in mixed methods research methodology (community-based participatory research, program evaluation) and statistics (longitudinal data analyses, multilevel modeling, social and geospatial epidemiology)
- Need to demonstrate proficiency in implementation science, particularly in the areas of social determinants and health disparities research
- Must have excellent organizational skills for organizing and leading research teams and proposal development and preparation
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
- This is not a supervisory position.
- This position has financial responsibilities.
- No, this position will not be required to drive.
- This role is not considered a position of trust.
- This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
- This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
- This position does not require security clearance.
Standard Enhanced + Education
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials. https://www.usg.edu/hr/assets/hr/hrap_manual/HRAP_Background_Investigation_Employment.pdf
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=236045&PostingSeq=1