Assistant Professor, Department of Biology
Pace University is ranked the #1 private, four-year college in the nation for upward economic mobility by Harvard University’s Opportunity Insights, evidence of the transformative education the University provides. To continue our impressive growth we are seeking an Assistant Professors at our New York City Campus.
Dyson College of Arts and Sciences of Pace University is seeking applicants for two tenure track faculty positions in the Department of Biology at the rank of Assistant Professor to begin September 2022. The positions are at the University’s campus in lower Manhattan NYC. The Biology Department contains a unique teaching and research-focused group of faculty that integrate their scientific research into the training, education and mentoring of students. Our degree programs include Biology (BA and BS), Behavioral Neuroscience (BS), Pre-Health Joint Degree Programs (BS), and Biology/Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (BS/MS).
- Teaching undergraduate major courses in biology, specifically those required for Biology majors as well as Health Science majors in the College of Health Professions, namely introductory biology, genetics, microbiology, and anatomy and physiology.
- Developing courses and curricula that incorporate evidence-based educational practices and mentoring and advising students and will be encouraged to develop new courses and curricula in their areas of expertise.
- All candidates are expected to establish an active research program involving undergraduate students.
- Ph.D. or the equivalent and have demonstrated expertise teaching in the sub-disciplines of biology related to the health sciences noted above.
- Candidates who have created or contributed to programs that aim to increase access and success of underrepresented students or faculty in the sciences, or have detailed plans to accomplish such goals, are preferred.
- In addition to excellence and creativity in teaching and learning and innovative research and scholarship, successful candidates must also demonstrate a commitment to equity and inclusion in higher education.
Please apply at: https://careers.pace.edu/postings/20296
About the Pace University
Ranked in the top 9% of private US colleges that provide the best return on tuition investment, Pace University transforms the lives of its diverse students—academically, professionally, and socioeconomically. Currently, the University enrolls more than 13,000 students in more than 150 bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs. Pace University is at the forefront of creating opportunity. Through the convergence of strong academics, experiential learning, and dedicated advising, Pace University empowers its students and positively impacts its communities.
Pace University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and people of all gender identities are encouraged to apply.
Annual Security Report Notice
Pace is committed to ensuring the safety and security of the students, faculty, staff and visitors to the University. In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University’s Safety and Security department publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report contains information on security policies as well as crime and fire statistics for the University.