Post Doctoral Research Fellow, Physics
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,445 full-time undergraduates and 5,125 graduate and professional students. Ranked 35 among national universities, Boston College has 878 full-time and 1,201 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $1.2 billion, and an endowment in excess of $2.8 billion.Job Description
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Burch Lab Post Doc
During this appointment, you will focus on optical studies of quantum materials, in particular topological semimetals. You will perform raman spectroscopy measurements, and assist in improving our Raman capabilities. You will also assist in managing the day to day operations of the lab, be in charge of the optics team meeting, and oversee directly the work of one graduate student and one undergraduate.
Post Doctoral Research Fellow
* The appointment is temporary, typically up to 3 years.
* The appointment involves substantial full-time research or scholarship and may include teaching.
* The appointment is typically viewed as preparatory for a full-time academic and/or research career (e.g., Research Associate or Senior Research Associate, depending on successful performance as a PostDoc & available funding).
* The appointment is not for a clinical training program.
* The appointee works under the supervision of a senior faculty member.
* The appointee has the freedom and is expected to publish the results of his or her research or scholarship during the period of the appointment and/or to have publications in press or under review during this period.
Degree requirement PHD
Boston College offers a broad and competitive range of benefits depending on your job classification eligibility:
- Tuition remission for Employees
- Tuition remission for Spouses and Children who meet eligibility requirements
- Generous Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Low-Cost Life Insurance
- Eligibility for both University-Funded 401k and Employer-Sponsored403bRetirement Plans
- Paid Holidays Annually
- Generous Sickand Vacation Pay
- Additional benefits can be found onhttps://www.bc.edu/employeehandbook
Boston College conducts pre-employment background checks as part of the hiring process and requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Boston College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. In concert with our Jesuit, Catholic mission, Boston College is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications for women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans.To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at https://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.
Boston College's Notice of Nondiscrimination can be viewed athttps://www.bc.edu/nondiscrimination.