Academic Program Manager [Business]
Minerva Project collaborates with educational institutions, corporations, nonprofits, and governments to design and deliver transformational educational programs at the high school, higher education, and professional levels. Our mission is to nurture critical wisdom for the sake of the world, because nothing is more pressing than effectively equipping current and future generations to make wise decisions that positively affect society.
Our programs integrate highly intentional curriculum design, pedagogy based on learning science, outcomes-driven assessment and formative feedback, and experiential learning to support applied practice. Our proprietary ForumTM learning platform is a sophisticated virtual environment that enables instructor facilitated, collaborative learning, and gathers actionable data on student progress and engagement. We partner with a wide range of institutions globally that serve diverse audiences of students. Our team is an experienced group of academics and education professionals who are passionate about student-centered education and believe that institutions need new approaches to innovate and evolve.
Minerva Project is on a strong growth trajectory fueled by the increased demand for improved learning solutions. We are looking for experienced academics for the role of Academic Project Manager (APM) who will be responsible for leading Minerva higher education partnership programs, managing and overseeing partner relationships, and serving as a guide to help partners meet their goals and make programs a success.
High level responsibilities include:
- Managing academic partnerships so as to ensure the delivery of transformational learning opportunities for students.
- Building and maintaining a positive and productive relationship with partner administrators and instructors
- Advising partners on defining program goals and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical and logistical feasibility
- Supporting partners in completing key projects and meeting program milestones
- Interacting and coordinating with a range of internal and external stakeholders to manage various aspects of program implementation simultaneously, such as technical setup, enrollments, training, and course management
- Serving as main point of contact in communication with partner instructors and administrators, especially regarding curriculum and pedagogy
- Supporting impact measurement through surveys and reports to track partner program performance, and evaluate the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Addressing program-level academic questions and troubleshooting solutions efficiently
- Representing Minerva in relevant external events and with partner instructors and learners
- When appropriate, providing academic expertise during the business development process.
In addition to managing 2-3 partnership programs, APMs typically also take on the role of Course Manager for one or more courses each semester for programs they manage or other partnership programs. Course Managers train and support partner instructors to design and/or deliver courses using active learning pedagogy on Forum. This includes leading weekly team teaching meetings with course instructors, customizing curriculum and lesson plans, and coaching partner faculty. APMs may also carry out work on strategic projects and activities such as program design consulting, business development, writing grant proposals, and undertaking thought leadership through research, writing, and conference participation. Finally, APM’s may occasionally take on teaching duties in their areas of expertise when opportunities arise.
Qualifications/Prior relevant experience
- Ph.D. or equivalent advanced degree.
- Prior project management experience
- Experience in active learning pedagogy
- Schedule flexibility to work across multiple time zones
- Leadership, mentoring, or coaching experience, particularly with faculty
- Experience managing and interacting with clients
- Experience in academic administration
- Team teaching and curriculum development experience
- Knowledge of project management platforms and methodologies
- Academic background in business.
- Proven leadership and collaboration skills
- Proactive problem solving mindset
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills
- Effective collaboration and delegation skills
- Knowledge of active learning techniques
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to make decisions and execute tasks independently
This is a remote position. We are open to candidates with any geographic location, but are particularly interested in candidates based in North America and Asia.
We are hiring with the future in mind, and candidates hired into this role can anticipate professional growth opportunities. Experienced candidates with the right backgrounds may be considered for positions at more senior levels.
We offer competitive salary and benefits, including:
- Health, dental, vision (or allowance for international employees)
- Disability, Life insurance, 401k (for US based employees)
- Equity opportunities
- Flexible vacation policy
- Laptop for work use
Interested candidates should submit:
- A cover letter explaining their interest in the position, and relevant experience and skills related to active learning, project management, and client relations.
- Contact information for three references.
- A current CV.