Postdoctoral Associate CY (Matthews)
Applications are invited for a Postdoctoral Associate position with the Department of Mathematics at Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA. The position involves research in algebraic coding theory and cryptography, especially code-based cryptography, and teaching one class per semester.
- PhD in Mathematics or a related field with a background in algebraic coding theory or post-quantum cryptography is required. PhD must be awarded no more than four years prior to the effective date of appointment with a minimum of one year eligibility remaining.
- Research in applied algebra
- Solid background in function fields or curves over finite fields
- Demonstrated ability to working effectively with a diverse team
- Demonstrated ability or potential to lead graduate student research
- Track record in publishing in high-impact peer-reviewed journals or conferences.
- Strong communication skills
Commensurate with experience
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check as well as documentation ofCOVID-19 vaccinationor receive approval from the university for a vaccination exemption due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges, a school of medicine, a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School, and Honors College. The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact (Kayla Perkins) at (firstname.lastname@example.org) during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.