Financial Assistant For Trustee Student Organizations
Financial Assistant For Trustee Student Organizations (Financial Assistant 2)
Search #: 495838
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Fiscal, Accounting and Budget
The Department of Student Activities (DSA) at the University of Connecticut announces the opening of a full-time Financial Assistant 2. This position provides program and administrative support functions including, but not limited to bookkeeping and financial services in support of the Trustee Student Organization Support area. This position works under the general supervision of the Assistant Director for Trustee Student Organization Support Financial Services and supports the programs and services of the Department through the provision of bookkeeping and financial services. This position contributes to the Office’s and Department’s missions through the application of relevant University and Department policies, procedures, values, and guidelines.
Student Activities offers a diverse portfolio of educational, social, and recreational programs for the entire campus. The related programs and services reach from the classroom and residence halls to the sidelines and beyond and engage students with unique programs and initiatives defined by their quality, creativity, and effectiveness. Student Activities staff are a progressive team of individuals, dedicated to the profession, prideful of our university, and committed to excellence.
The Division of Student Affairs is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion; competence in working with culturally and ethnically diverse populations; and awareness of how issues of difference, power, and privilege manifest in higher education environments. The ideal candidate promotes equity and inclusion by demonstrating and supporting an understanding, sensitivity, and appreciation for social justice, cultural humility, and inclusiveness.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides financial, administrative, and program support to Tier III/Trustee Staff and student leaders. Respond to and resolve financial questions and issues including those related to Trustee Student Organizations and University policy, process and procedure.
- Performs Fiscal Officer duties for assigned area(s).
- Oversees comprehensive and accurate financial records related to Tier III/Trustee Organizations including inventory maintenance, working with both university and outside bank accounts.
- Supports the preparation of financial statements and makes available timely and accurate financial information, in both detail and summary form, including reports on request.
- Meets regularly with student organization Treasurers to support their initiatives and provide guidance related to financial management.
- Provides training to staff and student leaders related to bookkeeping procedures, processes, and University systems.
- Executes purchases, arranges travel, and administers student payroll for assigned Tier III/Trustee Organizations.
- Creates merchant account portals for sales associated with Tier III/Trustee Organizations.
- Assists in the preparation and monitoring of budgets and expenditures.
- Ensures all purchases and contracts align with state and University procurement policies and procedures
- Responsible for providing, supporting, and participating in programs, services, and initiatives focusing on anti-racism, social justice, and the fostering of a campus community that is more diverse, equitable, and inclusive to all.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements improvements related to policies, procedures, and operations of programs and services in the business office.
- Assists in the collection and analysis of program evaluation/assessment data and the proposal of program/service improvement recommendations.
- Serves on University/Department committees and attends Department staff meetings as required.
- Assists and/or is responsible for assigned special projects, programs, or services, which may be ongoing or short-term.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, bookkeeping, or a related field AND two years of experience in accounting, bookkeeping, or a related field OR an equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the degree and years requirement.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate information effectively.
- Articulated commitment to, demonstrated understanding of, and/or experience working with diverse populations.
- Willingness and ability to work nights and weekends.
- Experience and/or ability to attend to detail and the ability to be precise with quantitative data.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Familiarity with University financial systems (e.g. purchasing, accounts payable, payroll, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated experience integrating principles of diversity and inclusion into all aspects of program management.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience being responsible for multiple tasks at the same time.
- Ability to apply policies and procedures and to articulate them to stakeholders.
This is a full-time, permanent position. The University offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits, including employee and dependent tuition waivers at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment.?
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment at the University of Connecticut is contingent upon the successful candidate’s compliance with the University’s Mandatory Workforce COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. This Policy states that all workforce members are required to have or obtain a Covid-19 vaccination as a term and condition of employment at UConn, unless an exemption or deferral has been approved.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #495838 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on December 17, 2021.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Nov 17 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Dec 17 2021 Eastern Standard Time