Assistant Director of Admissions - Office of Undergraduate Admissions (155621)
Assistant Director of Admissions
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions is accepting applications for an Assistant Director of Admissions. This position will supervise a team of campus and regional based staff in advising prospective students about educational opportunities at Illinois, transfer credits, financial assistance, and university policy and procedures. The Assistant Director of Admissions serves as a recruiter which includes travel to high schools, community colleges, and college fairs. Evening and weekend hours are required as needed.
This is a 100%, full-time, benefits-eligible Academic Professional position. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. The anticipated start date is January 2022.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visithttp://go.illinois.edu/eeo.
- Management of transfer and pathway recruitment and outreach.
- Assist in the management of Pathway programs.
- Travel to designated high schools, community colleges, or college fairs including evening and weekend hours to represent the University of Illinois by answering questions from students, parents, and attendees regard the admissions process at Illinois.
- Serve on one or more Admissions Review Committees;read and evaluate first-year and transfer applications including making final decisions.
- Present information to prospective students and families about the University of Illinois at both on-campus and off-campus venues.
- Gather feedback pertaining to recruitment materials from high school and college counselors, students, and parents.
- Organize Counselor Advisory Board programs.
- Assist with other projects and responsibilities as assigned.
Administrative Duties -
- Lead a team of full-time professionals in the overall recruitment effort of new undergraduates to the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
- Oversee the counseling staff training process, including development of training materials, staff scheduling, and continuous evaluation of counseling staff members.
- Conduct performance evaluations, set performance goals, recommend professional development, and meet with direct reports on a regular basis to review status of their professional and personal goals.
- Coordinate the hiring, training, and regular communication with assigned team to ensure accurate and timely distribution of information about the university.
- Bachelor's degree
- Four or more years of professional experience in admissions, recruitment, or new student programs.
- Demonstrated experience in program planning.
- Valid driver's license.
- Master's degree
- Training and supervision experience.
- Experience with transfer recruitment.
- Experience with Illinois recruitment and admissions practices.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities -
- Ability to collaborate with multiple administrative and academic offices across campus to coordinate a systematic recruitment effort.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Dynamic personality.
- High-quality customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Ability to maintain strong work ethic and handle high volume of work, execute projects simultaneously, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Understanding and commitment to affirmative action in educational access and employment.
- Ability lift and move heavy boxes of materials.
To ensure full consideration, application materials must be received byDecember 7, 2021.Interviews may be conducted before the search closes, but no hiring decision will be made until after the close of the search.
All candidates must create a candidate profile athttps://jobs.illinois.eduand upload acover letter,resume,and contact information for three references.For additional information regarding application procedures, contact Jennifer Steiling email@example.com.
University of Illinois faculty, staff and students are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not able to receive the vaccine for medical or religious reasons, you may seek approval for an exemption in accordance with applicable University processes.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Convictions are not a bar to employment. The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visitPolicy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment. As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois Systemuses E-Verifyto verifyemployment eligibility.