Manager, PS Communications Center
Kennesaw State University
Police and Public Safety
Job ID: 236175
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University offers undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its nearly 43,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties and entrepreneurial spirit draw students from throughout the region and from 126 countries across the globe. Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status. For more information, visit kennesaw.edu.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Manages, plans, directs, supports and schedules the work of personnel assigned to provide and support the communications functions of the department.
1. Provides daily management of the equipment, systems, functions and personnel assigned to the department
2. Provides oversight of GCIC/NCIC functions performed within and connected to the operations of the Communications Center on behalf of the Department
3. Ensures all policies, rules, regulations, orders, procedures and directives are enforced and implemented
4. Oversees the maintenance and repair of designated equipment, components, hardware, software and applications
5. Liaison with University Information Technology Services (UITS) for infrastructure support, data needs and related technology as necessary
6. Provides proposals for policies, procedures, practices and budgetary requirements related to the department and general public safety communications (telephone, VoIP, land mobile radio, etc.) within leadership
7. Collaborates with department, university and external personnel concerning services provided by and through the Communications Center and resolutions to related issues
8. Acts as database administrator as needed, inclusive of editing and updating content of the computer-aided dispatch system and similar tools and reference material utilized for operations
9. Ensures adequate and accurate reporting of incidents, events, workload, calls of service and related information in a timely manner to department leadership
10. Serves as a Campus Security Authority as defined by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act)
High School diploma or equivalent
Three (3) years of related work experience in a supervisory or managerial capacity at a public safety answering point
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Current, valid, and unrestricted Georgia driver's license
Possession of, or ability to obtain within twelve (12) months of employment, certification as a Communications Officer through the Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) Council, in accordance with Georgia Code 35-8-23 and Chapter 464-14 of the Rules of the Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training Council
CPR, AED, and basic first aid
Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) Council
NIMS and ICS
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
Yes, this position will be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
- Standard Enhanced + DMV
- Drug Screening
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials. https://www.usg.edu/hr/assets/hr/hrap_manual/HRAP_Background_Investigation_Employment.pdf
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=236175&PostingSeq=1