Program Manager, Clerkship Education
Posting Number: req7772
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: 1501 N Campbell Ave, Tucson, AZ 85724 USA
Position HighlightsThe Program Manager, is responsible for directing the administrative day-to day operations of the 3rd year Clerkship and the 4th year Electives Programs in a self-supervisory role for medical students, in agreement with the educational objectives of the department, and in compliance with the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME). The Program Manager participates in the ongoing review and revision of the clerkship and s/he must have a thorough understanding of the LCME accreditation process as well as the current policies and procedures set forth by the UA College of Medicine Educational
Policy Committee. The Program Manager implements novel strategies to mitigate student issues within the program,
determines methods to handle unforeseen or new concerns and makes timely decisions on the director's behalf. The
Program Manager serves as the professional expert to faculty and staff, both inside and outside the University, for guidance
in regards to academic program structure, academic program policies/procedures, and curriculum development/redesign.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Employee COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
All University employees are required to submit documentation demonstrating they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless granted a religious or disability/medical accommodation. New hires must submit their COVID-19 vaccine documentation or accommodation request no later than one week after their hire date or by December 8, 2021, whichever occurs later. To learn more about the employee COVID-19 vaccine requirement, submitting vaccine documentation, and/or requesting an accommodation, please visit https://hr.arizona.edu/content/employee-covid-19-vaccine-requirement.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate, schedule and submit grades for Surgery Clerkship rotations.
- Manage the entire surgical rotation catalog in OASIS and UAccess, as well as facilitating all visiting rotations through VSAS.
- Plan and implement all aspects of an annual full-day educational conference that involves attendants from the entire state.
- Manage and supervise activities of the medical students on their rotations to ensure compliance with clerkship objectives, and that LCME and college specifications are met.
- Develop and coordinate lectures and educational materials with full time and community volunteer faculty.
- Set up evaluations in New Innovations, OASIS and Arizona Med for medical students at the beginning of each academic year and each block. Coordinate completion of rotation evaluations as well as compile evaluations and post grades using New Innovations and OASIS.
- Coordinate with and act as liaison with students, faculty, residents, staff, and volunteer faculty to facilitate program objectives.
- Coordinate and manage Clerkship and elective rotations with outside programs, hospitals, clinics, faculty and staff.
- Prepare periodic and yearly summary reports.
- Prepare, manage and administer Clerkship budget including assessment of future needs, and all associated financial transactions including ordering of exams and associated travel arrangements and reimbursement.
- Develop new procedures in response to changing curriculum and/or policies.
- Maintenance of Clerkship web site, which includes information regarding the surgical clerkship rotations.
- Maintain Electives Manual by making any necessary changes to reflect current information. Facilitate the addition of new electives.
- Coordinate, screen, and manage all visiting student rotations in VSAS and OASIS.
- Facilitate the collection of required documentation for non-LCME visiting students by providing faculty with the required information and guidelines
- Update UAccess each semester for use in the registration of courses for students, and departmental UA Vitae data.
- Administer academic awards each academic year involving students, residents and attendings.
- Monitor and supervise part-time student employees as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience is required.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Academic Administration
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: DOE
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Jessica Holmgren | firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.