Research Nurse II - Pulmonary
Posting Number: req7780
Location: UAHS - Tucson
Address: 1501 N Campbell Ave, Tucson, AZ 85724 USA
Position HighlightsThe primary duty of this position is to provide direct care to research subjects enrolled in human clinical trials. This may include the collection of biological specimens, collecting vitals, and administering medications. This position will also require the coordination of one or more research studies. Assisting in the design, development, and execution of research study protocols, recruitment, and retainment of study subjects, as well as data management, will be required. Additionally, the candidate for this position may be required to prepare regulatory documentation including Institutional Review Board (IRB) submissions for initial approval, study amendments, and continuing reviews.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Employee COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
All University employees are required to submit documentation demonstrating they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless granted a religious or disability/medical accommodation. New hires must submit their COVID-19 vaccine documentation or accommodation request no later than one week after their hire date or by December 8, 2021, whichever occurs later. To learn more about the employee COVID-19 vaccine requirement, submitting vaccine documentation, and/or requesting an accommodation, please visit https://hr.arizona.edu/content/employee-covid-19-vaccine-requirement.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collect biological specimen samples such as urine, saliva and blood as well as participant vitals and other anthropometric measures.
- Coordinates and/or performs physical assessments, administers medications, documents medical data in patient record,
and coordinates additional lab tests.
- Plans, coordinates, evaluates and provides nursing care of participants and data for assigned pulmonary research projects.
- Follows study specific protocol guidelines, communicates and interacts with investigators, hospital staff, sponsoring
agencies and others to effectively perform clinical research and coordinate research activities.
- Instructs and counsels patients and family members in pulmonary research procedures, administers treatment procedures, monitors patients during procedures and records and analyzes data.
- Develop and submit regulatory documents to the Institutional Review Board (IRB) for approval.
- Participate in protocol development by reviewing potential protocols, informed consent documents, and evaluate their
effect on standard nursing procedures.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- RN licensure and graduation from an accredited nursing program required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience required.
*Strong organizational and data entry skills. *Ability to work alone as well as in a group setting. *Strong communication skills both verbally and written. *Ability to provide the highest standard of service in a healthcare setting. *Ability to lead others and to educate newer staff members. *High level of ethics and professionalism.
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 40
Job FTE: 1.0
Work Calendar: Fiscal
Job Category: Research
Benefits Eligible: Yes - Full Benefits
Rate of Pay: $53,946 - $75,896
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Christina Champagne | firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Until Filled: Yes
Documents Needed to Apply: Resume and Cover Letter
Special Instructions to Applicant
Please provide 3 professional references if invited for interview.
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.