Senior Director of Information Technology - FT
The Senior Director of Information Technology is responsible for the development, implementation, integration and support of academic and administrative technology. This position works in close collaboration with senior leadership to shape technology vision, provide policy direction, ensure best practices around cybersecurity, and lead the development of technology strategies that support and advance the University's mission and strategic goals. This position works closely with all areas of the university and ensures the timely delivery of effective, efficient and exceptional customer service to the community.
- Provide the University with a high-level view of technology, its impact in both academic and administrative areas and emerging trends of importance to higher education and the University.
- Provide leadership and management to IT Services staff with knowledge of and sensitivity to the University's information technology-related objectives and the needs of its academic and administrative units.
- Communicate the vision, goals, objectives, actions, policies, opportunities and challenges as they relate to the University's Mission and technology services.
- Manage the University's technology-related operating and capital budgets.
- Establish information technology policies for the acquisition, use and cost-effective application of technology.
- Assist the University in creating, implementing and maintaining policies that promote the appropriate security of IT resources. Serve as the University's information security officer and FERPA and HIPAA data privacy officer.
- Oversee the operation of IT Help Desk and desktop, classroom, and event technology support services.
- Oversee the configuration, operation, maintenance and support of enterprise applications, systems, and network.
- Ensure the efficient delivery of high-touch, high-quality, and timely technology services to the campus community.
- Provide consultation to the university community on technical, resource, and training requirements, recommended spending and work priorities or schedule considerations for technology initiatives.
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships.
- Participate in and/or chair IT Services related committees.
- Perform other duties, responsibilities, or special projects as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Five or more years of progressively increasing experience managing an information technology department required.
- Information Technology experience in an academic environment is preferred, including relevant experience and understanding of current issues and developments in higher education.
- High degree of systems understanding, impact analysis, and ability to guide the development of a comprehensive technology roadmap.
- Strong understanding of security risks and effective cybersecurity controls.
- Familiarity with the outsourcing market for IT services and when to consider supplementing internal expertise with outside consulting expertise.
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of established professional codes of ethics and best practices for implementation, management and support of information technology.
- Outstanding verbal, writing, and presentation skills; must be able to communicate and interact effectively with Mount Mary students, employees, and alumnae.
- Exceptional ability to multitask and prioritize projects.
- Strong commitment to customer service with a customer-first emphasis.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to work with diverse groups, facilitate group process and foster collaborative decision making.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Business Administration, or related field required; Master's degree preferred.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform primary functions.
- May be required to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Must reach, bend, stoop, lift.
- Must sit, walk or stand.
- Some repetitive motion may be required.
- Varying workflow; sometimes stressful with high workload times of the year.
- Complete work required within a limited space.
- Complete work required within a limited time.
Mount Mary University encourages applications from all qualified candidates and is vitally committed to all aspects of diversity, equity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates and all will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ethnicity, pregnancy, disability, genetic information or any other groups protected by law. Mount Mary seeks to hire and retain personnel who will make a positive contribution to its mission, vision and values.
For more information about diversity, equity and inclusion at Mount Mary please visit https://www.mtmary.edu/about/diversity